Best daily driven lbz turbo upgrade, single.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Have y'all looked at the price difference between Garrett and BW....

Like others have said, look into a s366

Righteyeblind

Aug 29, 2008
Fairbanks, AK
I never believed ball bearing was the ticket until I put one as my high pressure turbo in a compound setup. Ditched my Precision 70mm and put in a 4202Rish turbo. Which is 5mm bigger and it spools way faster, has a better map and gained oil pressure in my engine. All this is definitely worth the money IMO.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I never believed ball bearing was the ticket until I put one as my high pressure turbo in a compound setup. Ditched my Precision 70mm and put in a 4202Rish turbo. Which is 5mm bigger and it spools way faster, has a better map and gained oil pressure in my engine. All this is definitely worth the money IMO.

:thumb:

tooldude

Aug 11, 2012
I may have a super deal on a 4094va, if it falls through then I will be heading the 366 route, is the clipped billet wheel the answer then? I see several different 366 setups, what kind of boost and power are guys seeing. Breaking into the 11s would be nice. I have to update my info but I have the full supporting mods to go with it. I just don't have any interest in doing an engine right now, need to finish some custom cars first. I have other toys that are plenty fast, right Dan.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Lmao. Yeah id say u have aleast one car that breaks the 10.00sec quarter mile mark. That camaro is bad!!! But im tellin u, dont waste your time, just do one of trents premium s366 kits. That way u always have room to twin it if u ever want more. Kinda like your car. Lol

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
I may have a super deal on a 4094va, if it falls through then I will be heading the 366 route, is the clipped billet wheel the answer then? I see several different 366 setups, what kind of boost and power are guys seeing. Breaking into the 11s would be nice. I have to update my info but I have the full supporting mods to go with it. I just don't have any interest in doing an engine right now, need to finish some custom cars first. I have other toys that are plenty fast, right Dan.

Have we spoken before?

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
72mmvgt......eat it borg boys....i fight the good fight....with thy garrett under thy hood and air dog by thy feul tanks side....my 60% over tips flow pure power into strong duramax cylinders and leave all dodge and fords in thy kingdom bellowing profanity choking on soot and dust

Replace VVT with VVT=fail

A variable will preform better than you think....

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
No hes talkin about me dan. He should have said arneson. That way there was no confusion. My name happens to be dan also. Hes a friend of mine. Im just tryin to convince him to buy a turbo.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
The only thing that people seem to say about a variable vane turbo is issues with drive pressure, and more expensive to replace things like vanes and other little parts a Vvt has that a fixed turbo does not. But as I look on the forums over time I see people that have issues with Vvt and fixed geometry turbos. If you have a tuner that can really tune in a Vvt such as a 4094va or a Danville turbo, I'm sure a 1:1 ratio for drive pressure can be achieved or at least damn near close. Most people with stock turbos last a hell of a long time. But that's JMO. I mean go wouldn't want a big looking s400 under there truck rather than a stock or "stock housing" turbo..appeal is nice but if you can run 600rwhp with a Vvt and get drive pressure and heat maintained that would be awesome. Easier and quicker installing for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I didnt build my truck to "race" so my opinion is lame, but i like and would stay vvt on any truck that tows anything regularly, cuz of the turbo brake most tuners offer in the tow tune. It is just too damn useful to deny or trade out, espyecially when you have a turbo like the vvt72

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I didnt build my truck to "race" so my opinion is lame, but i like and would stay vvt on any truck that tows anything regularly, cuz of the turbo brake most tuners offer in the tow tune. It is just too damn useful to deny or trade out, espyecially when you have a turbo like the vvt72

And it completely sucks with a 4094VA turbo.