LML b16gsr 2013 LML 3500HD Dually build thread

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Damn that truck looks good, love that last pic :D that's the best looking NBS I've seen by far :thumb: Great job man

I really appreciate that.:thumb:

Got the Dually LED fogs installed and wired up, as well as the 20" bumper bar. Don't mind the bugs its that time of the year.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
So there was benefit truck pull and show for a good friend of mine that passed away so I thought I would get her all cleaned up and ready for the event.

It also gave me an opportunity to install my new reverse lamps. Thank you to GM for giving me the option of installing the lights in the existing holes in the bumper. They worked out perfect.

Foamy goodness.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Not many updates. New shocks are amazing. I cannot believe how much they changed the truck.

Did pick up a car that I have dreamt of owning for years. A real dream come true.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Sweet car. Details?

Corey

My dad and uncle built the car I just bought in '77. Raced it until '82 and the owner when it blew up '84. Was a very good friend of his. Sat in a garage until 2001 when the guy I bought it from purchased it. I grew up around the car.

427 L88 clone(motor) 4 speed car. 63k original miles.

The guy put it back together with the same CF L88 block, 990 open chamber heads, L88 rods, 7115 crank that my dad and uncle built it with, but put a hydraulic roller setup and lowered the compression to make it street friendly. Drives like a dream.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Looks like a really nice car Nick, I'm just down the road so I'll be waiting in the front yard this afternoon for a test drive, haha.

Yellowchevy

It is a really, really neat car. Very proud to own it. I worked on the truck and the yard this afternoon and recovered from a hangover. :thumb:

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Did work on it for a little while today. Picked up some 3M scotchprint gloss white from my buddies shop and started wrapping the side bars on my truck. My heat gun quit, so I did all of this by pulling and pushing. Not bad for a first timer.

Truck is filthy.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
It is a really, really neat car. Very proud to own it. I worked on the truck and the yard this afternoon and recovered from a hangover. :thumb:

I'll have to make a trek up there to see it and your pickup. :thumb:

Is the wrap just for protecting the chrome or if they were painted? They sure look good and may consider doing this to some running boards I'm going to make.

Nothing liked self inflicted pain, haha

Yellowchevy

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Went out to my folks to snag a dog pen setup that my dad took down for my mother in law to use for her chickens. Thought this was a great pic, minus it being very dirty.

After I got back to the shop Friday night I spent 3 hours giving her a good hand wash and detail. Well no rain in the forecast for Saturday was washed away as a clean truck lasted 5 minutes. Just my luck. Snapped some pics before the downpour. White steps really helped the overall look.

No those aren't chips, my iPhone is cracked and has something in the lens.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Got the stabilizer on and what a big difference it made. Could not be more pleased.

Also finally got around to creating my custom rear plate. Used one of the emblems off my last C5 and some of the vinyl I had left from the wrapping of the steps.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Ordered new LED tail lamps and installed them and they are way better than I was expecting. Understand I have purchased and returned 2 other sets with disappointment in the look and performance.

Without further ado here is the layout.

Unboxing, they were packed very nicely and wrapped in bubble wrap and film.

Have a dedicated harness with a OEM matched plug.

Comparison of the two.

New left old right, the movement of the reverse lamp to the lower is exactly where it needed to be

You can see the CREE with SMD reverse bulbs in this pic

Brake Lamp

Parking with reverse(very suprised by this layout, but love it)

Finished not on

Videos below.

http://youtu.be/eUk51q6LWvw

http://youtu.be/zZEpO7-5OLk

Also here is a quick video of my '69 with the new wheels.

http://youtu.be/wVgqIq7boDY?list=UU_IQUbpXeKeAdd-2kBEPgDg

Couple pics of the car too:

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
Also returned to the winter tires and wheels since the fender liner had to come out for the Nicktane install.

Onto the Nicktane install. I will first say that it is far more difficult to install on the LML than it was on my LLY. Of course several things have changed on the the trucks, but nothing has changed with the great quality of the Nicktane product.

First off the entire inner fender liner has to be removed to access the fuel filter on the LML, no big deal just time consuming. Once you are in and it is all apart the access to the filter head is a little difficult. First off why GM would use the one time pinch clamps for the fuel lines on the filter head I have no idea, but I mangled one trying to get it off. With that being said, I chose to stop at the local auto parts store and pick up some worm drive clamps. Second with all of the emissions stuff in the way access to the filter head and bolts was still difficult. Once I got the filter head out, as usual the 30 seconds it takes to disassemble the check ball and reassemble was not biggie and then install the filter head.

The instructions specifically state the use of the billet spacer plate is required on the LML. So as I proceeded, the bolts included with the plate are shorter than the OEM bolts, BUT the spacer is to wide to use with the OEM bolts and still get a good engagement on the filter head. A little upsetting, but none the less was able to modify the spacer like this:

Once this one done, I was able to reassemble.

While it was all apart I also lubed the chassis, so I should be ready to go for winter.