Airdog not kicking on...

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So when you bypassed the relay and ran it straight through the fuse, did it have power at the pump?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I only bypassed the fuses. You could hear the relay clicking over, but the pump did nothing when I did it

lets try this. make a jumper wire (peice of wire about 6"s long with the insulation stripped on both ends), pull the relay out and stick one end of the jumper wire in terminal 30 (not on the relay its self but in the relay socket), then stick the other end in terminal 87 and see if the pump turns on or test for power back by the pump again.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
so with mine if i replace the fuse it will run for a few seconds then the fuse blows. i tried hooking up 12v to it directly and it didnt come on. i was going to call airdog and see what they thought. i have checked the ground and it is good.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
so with mine if i replace the fuse it will run for a few seconds then the fuse blows. i tried hooking up 12v to it directly and it didnt come on. i was going to call airdog and see what they thought. i have checked the ground and it is good.
same thing mine did, the motor on the pump went bad.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
It's prob blowing fuses b/c fuel got into the motor. If you call PF they will be happy to swap it out for a new unit. Just speak to Sarah or Jessica and they will get you set up. :thumb:

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Well guys got the new pump on. Works again :thumb: seems like this new pump runs better than the old one did new, faulty pump maybe? I got my Airdog 2 when they first started hitting shelves, so maybe? Anyway, truck feels right again, thanks guys for your help! :thumb::hug::D:woott:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
Pretty much the same pump just a few small changes. Glad to hear it's all up and going again. :thumb:

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
well thank you airdog. i have a new pump in the mail. gave them the s/n and he said i will get a new one out to you no problem. good customer service