Airdog not kicking on...

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
I let the relay kick on when i turned the key on and off and checked it there. Hell I even straight wired the pump to the fuse box without that inline-two fuse thingy. You can hear the relay click over and I checked it then. The pump still refused to kick on.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
I had the same problem with mine one. One day the truck was running fine then it started sputtering and crap then BAM nothing wouldn't start or kick on.

Put a new pump on it and all was good.

Did you call and leave a message for Anthony or Toby?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I let the relay kick on when i turned the key on and off and checked it there. Hell I even straight wired the pump to the fuse box without that inline-two fuse thingy. You can hear the relay click over and I checked it then. The pump still refused to kick on.

ok but if you check power where the plug plugs into the pump there is no power from what i gather in a few post back?

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
I had the same problem with mine one. One day the truck was running fine then it started sputtering and crap then BAM nothing wouldn't start or kick on.

My truck would still run, when my airdog quit. It took me about 5 weeks to finally get ahold of someone to take care of it. They sent me a new one, was just a pain to get ahold of them. This was on my LBZ, I dont have one on the LB7 yet, I am trying to decide between a fass and the air dog, I had one fail, and keep seeing threads like this.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina

I've called several times. They FINALLY called me back yesterday on my cellphone but I was at home when they called. I have no signal at my house so I was unable to call, I tried calling them back immediately and no surprise...I never got a hold of them.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
how long is the warranty on these pumps

lifetime I do believe...

Problem is that the shop that I bought it from and had it installed from did NOT give me a Warranty Card or even the Owner's Manual. The shop claims that they gave me one, but I never recieved one. So whenever I do get ahold of AirDog, I don't even know if it will be covered under warranty because I never recieved a Warranty Card.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
My truck would still run, when my airdog quit. It took me about 5 weeks to finally get ahold of someone to take care of it. They sent me a new one, was just a pain to get ahold of them. This was on my LBZ, I dont have one on the LB7 yet, I am trying to decide between a fass and the air dog, I had one fail, and keep seeing threads like this.

Trust me stick with the AirDog, the support will get better i can promise you that.

Problem is that the shop that I bought it from and had it installed from did NOT give me a Warranty Card or even the Owner's Manual. The shop claims that they gave me one, but I never recieved one. So whenever I do get ahold of AirDog, I don't even know if it will be covered under warranty because I never recieved a Warranty Card.

I'm sure if you tell PF where you got it from and also give them the serial # off the unit they will take care of you.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

ok well whether or not that pump is bad, it will do you no good if there is no power getting to it. If you have power coming out of termial 87 on the relay (its the power that feeds the pump) when the key is turned to RUN and none at the pump, start searching for a broken wire all the way down that loom. this will also blow fuses if its touching a ground source at all.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
ok well whether or not that pump is bad, it will do you no good if there is no power getting to it. If you have power coming out of termial 87 on the relay (its the power that feeds the pump) when the key is turned to RUN and none at the pump, start searching for a broken wire all the way down that loom. this will also blow fuses if its touching a ground source at all.

Now this is the same relay that is found on the line mounted on the firewall correct? Thats the one I've been checking. I would check it today but its raining cats and dogs today.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Now this is the same relay that is found on the line mounted on the firewall correct? I would check it today but its raining cats and dogs today.

Probably. its the only one Airdog uses (they only use one). the adaptor plug/wire that goes into the fuse block should lead you back to that relay. that is your power to energize the relay to make it switch "ON". this is either terminal 85 or 86, either way, if its 86, 85 is ground and visa versa if the terminal are switched. Terminal 30 should have a constant 12 volt power supply to it (its probably hooked to the batt if you didnt install it). if you have a terminal 87A on the relay, it will have constant power to it while the relay is switched "OFF". there is gernally nothing ever hooked to 87A.

SparkZ03DMAX

Nov 16, 2009
North Carolina
Anthoney called back! I'm gonna have to try the 12 volt battery test again, to verify if its the pump or the wiring. I've done it twice but I think a 3rd time wouldnt hurt. I'm going to be doing it tomorrow because of the rain. Now things are starting to look better.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Anthoney called back! I'm gonna have to try the 12 volt battery test again, to verify if its the pump or the wiring. I've done it twice but I think a 3rd time wouldnt hurt. I'm going to be doing it tomorrow because of the rain. Now things are starting to look better.

i dunno how many amps these airdogs pull so make sure your little batt is fully charged or drag one out of the truck and get it under there.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Trust me stick with the AirDog, the support will get better i can promise you that.

I'm sure if you tell PF where you got it from and also give them the serial # off the unit they will take care of you.[/QUOTE]

X2. I had lost my card, but when I finally did get to talk to them, they asked for the serial #, and sent me one out.