Yellowchevy IHI Review

diesel-max

Haisley Never heard of her
Oct 20, 2011
IN
Here is a Wetzel wheel.

Definitely a KTS Turbo Billet wheel.... used by many cheap "turbo builders" for their cheap turbos as they are "Chinese billet" .... no way around it. let me see the dyno charts to see the bat comparison.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Definitely a KTS Turbo Billet wheel.... used by many cheap "turbo builders" for their cheap turbos as they are "Chinese billet" .... no way around it. let me see the dyno charts to see the bat comparison.

I've not looked at a 6+6 billet KTS and a Wetzel wheel side by side so I don't know for sure. I've talked to Scott & he was very knowledgeable so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He said they're made locally but I would like to see them side by side.

When I get them all tested I will for sure start a thread to show my findings.

Yellowchevy

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
This is my 63.5 billet wheel that I designed and have made locally. It's funny wetzel performance (josh) actually was trying to get all my information on my turbos but wouldn't purchase one seemed fishy from the beginning. But now they offer a 63.5 turbo, I really don't care bc reputation is everything just figured to share. Seems like a lot of claims on hp out there, but zero proof. Yellow Chevy look forward to your results!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 98

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Machining is only part of the quality of a wheel, where did the metal come from. Born on date as to who, where and when was the metal cast, poured, forged etc.?

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
The josh guy is a chronic liar and I wont go into details as im not going to bash but skeptical is an understatement. Scott seems to have knowledge but josh is strictly stories.

ThebigGids

Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, wa
Thanks James!!! :thumb:
I've got a 64mm IHI coming up if you want to try that next???

I need to make single & twin turbo kits for Samari's know were I can find one??? :D

Yellowchevy
could you PM me some info on the 64 might be interested if the price is right alil down the road. Need something alil better to twin over in the future

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Who is who again? Mpsoldier = Scott? From what company? "Josh" isn't on of our Joshs, is it?

Hmmm...64mm IHI would be interesting for the right price.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Who is who again? Mpsoldier = Scott? From what company? "Josh" isn't on of our Joshs, is it?

Hmmm...64mm IHI would be interesting for the right price.

Tom,
You're right, the waters are muddy here, haha.

Scott is the gentleman that come up with/sells the Wetzel wheel that "mike diesel" posted. Here's his website http://wetzelperformance.com

Josh is the gentleman that contacted me about machining IHI covers for 63.5(64 if you want round numbers)mm. One of the times we spoke on the phone he said the Wetzel wheel made more power than the batmowheel.

This Josh is not out beloved JoshH that goes from school to school with his candy bus!!!!!!:D:roflmao:

Anymore I take everything with a grain of salt due to the "internet" so I'm happy to listed to what people say and make my own decision based on good info. Again, this is why I'm going to compare all 4 compressor wheels I have access to so I can see it for myself and not rely strictly on internet findings. The internet is a great tool but you need to be able to do critical thinking, haha.

Keep an eye out for my findings thread that will have all the wheel info; along with the 64mm.

I hope this cleared thing up Tom.

Yellowchevy

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
The josh guy is a chronic liar and I wont go into details as im not going to bash but skeptical is an understatement. Scott seems to have knowledge but josh is strictly stories.

Thats good to know, thanks for the heads up. As long as he gives me money for a product I'll start with that.

Yellowchevy

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I need to do some testing first to be sure it's a good product before I put them up for sale. I don't want to sell junk.

Yellowchevy

Sure... Wait until I get a turbo from you,then offer an even better one :roflmao:

Honestly I couldn't be happier with mine its a thousand times better than stock, its tons of fun.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
This is my 63.5 billet wheel that I designed and have made locally. It's funny wetzel performance (josh) actually was trying to get all my information on my turbos but wouldn't purchase one seemed fishy from the beginning. But now they offer a 63.5 turbo, I really don't care bc reputation is everything just figured to share. Seems like a lot of claims on hp out there, but zero proof. Yellow Chevy look forward to your results!

Man that thing looks extremely familiar.......:thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Tom,
You're right, the waters are muddy here, haha.

Scott is the gentleman that come up with/sells the Wetzel wheel that "mike diesel" posted. Here's his website http://wetzelperformance.com

Josh is the gentleman that contacted me about machining IHI covers for 63.5(64 if you want round numbers)mm. One of the times we spoke on the phone he said the Wetzel wheel made more power than the batmowheel.

This Josh is not out beloved JoshH that goes from school to school with his candy bus!!!!!!:D:roflmao:

Anymore I take everything with a grain of salt due to the "internet" so I'm happy to listed to what people say and make my own decision based on good info. Again, this is why I'm going to compare all 4 compressor wheels I have access to so I can see it for myself and not rely strictly on internet findings. The internet is a great tool but you need to be able to do critical thinking, haha.

Keep an eye out for my findings thread that will have all the wheel info; along with the 64mm.

I hope this cleared thing up Tom.

Yellowchevy

no mpsoldier is =pete Owner of New england perfromance and Cartime Auto

Sorry if I insulted anyone, I meant no disrespect. I just couldnt follow it any more.