wtf is this noise?

Deerwashed

Dec 10, 2010
cant figure out what the noise is coming from my truck...took it to the dealer because i have extended warranty and they said they couldnt hear anything besides tires, and the truck is running fine.....and then i had to pay $140 for wasting their time.

this noise only happens between 30 and 35 mph and is most noticeable when slowing down....

i dont think this noise is normal, but would just like some insight from others.

can hear in second half of video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcq5GoWem1w&feature=youtu.be

Deerwashed

Dec 10, 2010
it is tires humming until the second half of the video...if you wait and listen you will hear the sound of something whining/possibly rubbing.

you guys are sayin the same thing as the dealership though...i must be ****ing insane, but there is definitely a secondary noise.

my old 05 has never made any noise like this before and it too has moderately aggresive tires.

Deerwashed

Dec 10, 2010
the guy behind the counter of the service department who said he was no mechanic, said it sounded like something from the hydroboost system, but power steering fluid is ok.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Ok on the last half of the vid I do hear something else. It could really be anything. Get under the truck and start wiggling things. I had a trans cooler line retainer break and the lines where hitting the center link. You only really heard it while turning and during shut down. It was wearing a hole in the lines. If I hadn't of found it when I did it probably would of taken out my trans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
The noise near the end of the video sounds a bit like gear whine to me but maybe its my phone speaker

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
When my wheel bearing first started to go, it made a noise like that once in a while just at certain speeds and not all the time Good luck finding your problem !

2008lmmchopper

May 28, 2017
I feel your pain bud I have a odd noise on my lmm and haven't ever pinpointed it. Never got worse so I don't care. Does sound metallic like a heat shield or something. Check your wheel well plastic maybe.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

r33pwrd

May 10, 2018
Did you ever figure this out? My 16 lml is making the exact noise..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
my 08 LMM had a noise that was coming from the downpipe heat shield rubbing on firewall , took me months to find it, it would only do it after the load was removed and had to be at about 25-30 MPH , confused about 12 of us for months. Nobody would drive my truck with me strapped under it either so it had to be trial and error:roflmao::roflmao:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
The little howl at the end of the video I assume is the one were complaining about... Really sounds like power steering pump whine to me.

Are you guys on the brakes when the noise happens or just coasting?