Word on the streets -- L5P tuning

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Does anyone know if the ECU being "locked down" potentially hurt their sales? I'm not saying that's the case, more just generally curious. I know I would never buy a truck I couldn't delete.

People who buy a truck with the direct intention of deleting are probably less than 1% of their market sales so no I seriously doubt it hurt them one bit

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
People who buy a truck with the direct intention of deleting are probably less than 1% of their market sales so no I seriously doubt it hurt them one bit

I agree, but a lot of people will be happy with stock until they have emission problem out of warranty. It then becomes an easy choice to delete, or am I giving people to much credit to think that far ahead?

I would say a good 80% of trucks I see around here are deleted. Except for fleet rigs. Then again I live on the MS gulf coast. AKA the land of the redneck with no emissions test.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Lol pretty sure this is #Fakenews:happy2:
I really hope it’s not because the L5p is sweet and would love to trade the Lly for one but unless I can hear that turbo scream and shut down a mustang it’s not going to happen :thumb:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
How keep their trucks past 100k any ways josh? I'd say more than 50% of trucks sold are flipped for new before 100k mark

Maybe so, but someone is buying those trucks.

I fit the keeping emissions crap to keep warranty category myself. Even though I would love to delete. It’s a cost vs risk thing for me. As I no longer use my truck for work downtime is a manageable price to pay as long as the repairs are covered by warranty.

If I still have it when it’s off warranty though that crap is coming off.