Wiring Harness mounted on fender insert

Leonard Simmons

Oct 5, 2018
So when I have to replace glow plugs, on the driver side of my LMM I have to pull the fender liner, but the damn wiring connectors are mounted to it, so you have to pull those off, and then getting them back in is a beast. they are under the fuse block, any tricks to that one, I tie fishing line to them and thread the line through the holes in the fender liner and pull them back in later, got to be a better way, Im sure I am doing it wrong, also my ecu is mounted to my fan shroud? with one small plastic fastener, any tips on securing this better so it dose not come off on good bump in the trail?

Jacy_dzlguy

lots to learn...
Aug 27, 2011
South Florida
I usually just leave them hanging. If you’re worried about it just ziptie them to something before you install the fender. But what do i know i live in Florida and don’t usually run fenders..

tjs82

Gearhead
Nov 1, 2016
Southern Wisconsin
Usually I wrangle the liner into the fender, and leave it sort of hanging loose. Then attach the connectors onto the liner first before bolting anything in. My liners have been in and out quite a few times though, so the holes for the connectors are pretty clapped out. You could always tie them to the underside of the inner fender (the part of the fender that the fuse box bolts to) instead of the liner. It would make life easier if you have them in and out on a regular basis. I'd either make sure the harness isn't rubbing on the edge of the fender (it's pretty damn sharp), or make sure that section of the harness is protected, so it doesnt rub through.