window tint - 30% on the windshield

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
I live right on long island sound... :thumb:

How about you go live in a place thats almost 7,000' above sea level (jackson hole, where I used to live). You think your "beach sun" is strong, lolz.

Colorado here, from NC. Can confirm this. I have 30% all around except 50% on windshield. Much better than before and haven't been hassled by the fuzz about it.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I live right on long island sound... :thumb:

How about you go live in a place thats almost 7,000' above sea level (jackson hole, where I used to live). You think your "beach sun" is strong, lolz.

Sounds like a nice cool place to hang out. What's the water temp get up to high 60's? Lol... Ours get into the 90's bud and that makes a HUGE difference. Try again...;)

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Eastern North Carolina is a hot, humid, no breeze blowing place. Can reach 100+ on occasion and single digits a few months later. Matter of fact I woke up a couple mornings this past winter slightly below zero.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Utah is hot in the summer. But let me say tint also traps heat in the winter, and it sure makes it nice when you get in your truck after a freezing cold day and it's been baking in the sun :)

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Thats a pretty well lit street go take a photo on a wooded rural road .

I'm just stating my opinion if you get by with it great I just hope nothing ever happens and the tinted windshield is brought up in a accident.

Edit: I'm not saying it doesn't look good or will it keep the temps down but is the reward worth the risk? You be the judge

You aren't going to see anything in the dark whether there is tint or not without some additional lighting. Thats why everyone complains about backing up, you have two little bulbs that are barely bright enough with no tint. The concern is seeing a motorist at night, and while I don't quite see the point of 5% tint, I will say you can see where other motorists are at. I check my mirrors a lot and like to know where everyone is, just a habit from driving semi's, you're always watching cars to know whos going to cut you off, or play the drive 62mph then speed up because they are getting passed by a semi game.

The issue is that they will blame your tint for an accident because we always need to blame an object and not the mouth breather using that object. Speaking of big rigs and mouth breathers, after a semi crash in LA the other day I saw someone make the following comment "When are these people going to realize that big trucks KILL, they need to be off our roads". Lol, the world is full of idiots.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
You aren't going to see anything in the dark whether there is tint or not without some additional lighting. Thats why everyone complains about backing up, you have two little bulbs that are barely bright enough with no tint. The concern is seeing a motorist at night, and while I don't quite see the point of 5% tint, I will say you can see where other motorists are at. I check my mirrors a lot and like to know where everyone is, just a habit from driving semi's, you're always watching cars to know whos going to cut you off, or play the drive 62mph then speed up because they are getting passed by a semi game.

The issue is that they will blame your tint for an accident because we always need to blame an object and not the mouth breather using that object. Speaking of big rigs and mouth breathers, after a semi crash in LA the other day I saw someone make the following comment "When are these people going to realize that big trucks KILL, they need to be off our roads". Lol, the world is full of idiots.

Couldn't have said it better. I play that "slow down to 62mph" if I think a cop is behind me. Then they pass me and sure enough it's just a regular car. So then I accelerate back to 80 haha.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Couldn't have said it better. I play that "slow down to 62mph" if I think a cop is behind me. Then they pass me and sure enough it's just a regular car. So then I accelerate back to 80 haha.

I pass cops because nobody else will. On freeways they never seem to blink an eye if you are 10mph over, even 15mph over they often dont bug you as long as they are sitting clocking traffic and not bored.

To me going with the flow of traffic, and being comfortable for the area is more important than a posted speed limit. If people could learn the "slower traffic move right" rule along with the "no passing on right" rule that goes along with it, the roads could be a lot safer. Many people don't understand why passing on the right is such a big deal, if they ever drove a semi they would understand. People wouldn't have to pass on the right anyway if the mouth breathers would get out of the left lane.

Oh ya, and cruise control. It's a wonderful invention that apparently is too complex for some peoples minds to figure out. lol. I really could almost care less if someone passes me on the left doing 100mph, or I have to pass someone doing 55mph. As long as they have their cruise set I never have to deal with them again, but when I have to pass someone and then get passed by them a short while later and continue this game, I get angry. The one route I take to get DDGS I will actually avoid and go a different route that takes an extra 10-15 minutes just to avoid annoying drivers.

Dammit, realized i'm turning into a crabby old guy already.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I pass cops because nobody else will. On freeways they never seem to blink an eye if you are 10mph over, even 15mph over they often dont bug you as long as they are sitting clocking traffic and not bored.

To me going with the flow of traffic, and being comfortable for the area is more important than a posted speed limit. If people could learn the "slower traffic move right" rule along with the "no passing on right" rule that goes along with it, the roads could be a lot safer. Many people don't understand why passing on the right is such a big deal, if they ever drove a semi they would understand. People wouldn't have to pass on the right anyway if the mouth breathers would get out of the left lane.

Oh ya, and cruise control. It's a wonderful invention that apparently is too complex for some peoples minds to figure out. lol. I really could almost care less if someone passes me on the left doing 100mph, or I have to pass someone doing 55mph. As long as they have their cruise set I never have to deal with them again, but when I have to pass someone and then get passed by them a short while later and continue this game, I get angry. The one route I take to get DDGS I will actually avoid and go a different route that takes an extra 10-15 minutes just to avoid annoying drivers.

Dammit, realized i'm turning into a crabby old guy already.

I totally agree with everything you said there!

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Hey russ,doesnt the new rig have a backup camera? So if it does backing up shouldn't be an issue.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Hey russ,doesnt the new rig have a backup camera? So if it does backing up shouldn't be an issue.

yes sir, works great too!! highly recommend it whether you have dark tint or not. hell of a tool for hooking up bumper pull trailers by yourself :thumb:

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Good to know. Bottom line is its your money, your truck. We are all big boys so if we get a ticket for windshield tint,blow up a motor on a quote un quote safe tune,etc. so be it. Btw cant wait to see the denali at the world finals.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Good to know. Bottom line is its your money, your truck. We are all big boys so if we get a ticket for windshield tint,blow up a motor on a quote un quote safe tune,etc. so be it. Btw cant wait to see the denali at the world finals.

I can't wait to cuddle up in the durahome at finals! You can be little spoon lol :rofl::D:

vern650

Mar 27, 2014
hyrum, ut
I can't see crap at night with no tint on the windshield, I don't think it would take long for me to wreck the truck or kill someone if it were tinted. I do miss having tint on the door windows though, I've had tinted side windows for probably the last 10 years never once got stopped by the law but all the sudden last year the safety inspectors got picky and had to take it off. It wasn't even that dark, 20% I think to match factory tint on rear windows, but Utah law is like 45% which is pointless imo.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I agree on being observant to your surroundings I am and my driving record shows just that from truck to motorcycle besides a few speeding tickets. But there is always those moments of where did they come from !!! More so with cell phones and texting while driving incidents!

People should take responsibility of their own actions but that flew out the window with common sense!

I also think everyone should have to take a refresher course on driving and the rules of the road every 5 years! For the first time in like FOREVER I seen a State Cop light someone up for NOT yielding the left lane. Cop was coming up everyone was yielding except this one person (rolling eyes) he followed behind for atleast a mile they refused to yield ,I actually think they slowed down! That was it lit him up!

I'm willing to bet when he ,the cop ,went for the license registration the driver couldn't speak a word of English! (rolling eyes again) How is it OK to take a drivers license in spanish when clearly all signs are in English?

I still stick to my opinion on windshield tint the possibility for trouble exist.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
If you hit something driving a 15 your a moron. Mine has sensors and cameras everywhere and the seat vibrates and the dash has a depiction of the surrounding objects distance displayed on it.. Not to mention the red leds that flash on the windshield, you woukd literally have to be asleep at the wheel... lol...