window tint - 30% on the windshield

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I did 5% over stock on the back 3, then 5% on the front side windows and 30% on the entire front windshield. Same way I had my LMM set up. Absolutely love not wearing sunglasses when driving on a bright sunny day!! :thumb:

Sure looks a lot better with tint too!!

FYI, I love my tint guy!! been using him for years because he does a great job. If you're in Houston hit up Alex at Prestige Window Tinting, hell of a guy.

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
Windshield tint would drive me insane, but I'm blind anyway. I always just match the factory tint and call it good.

Good looking truck.:thumb:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
^X2 I have 20% on my front windows and usually need to roll the windows down to back out of an unfamiliar driveway. Can't imagine having the windshield done!

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I've never been pulled over for just tint, but I was pulled over for out of date registration on a trailer and they ticketed me for tint. Showed a receipt that it was "removed" and they dismissed it for $10. ;)

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I have 5% on errythang but the windshield and, although it looks great, I can't stand it anymore. Sure, it's nice going without sunglasses but the benefits are outweighed by the PITA it is to back up at night IMO.

Reckon if I put a good set of backup lights and a backup camera in it'd be ok?

I def. don't want completely UNtinted windows either.

02ilduramax

Jun 21, 2011
fulton,illinois
Well in that case I think I'm going to darken mine haha I've got 30 on the fronts now I live in Katy and drive to Houston for class just didn't want to be harassed

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
I have the same setup, and LOVE it. Throw some HID's in and the windshield isn't a problem at night (in general not referring to OP). Yes, you have to roll your windows down often at night but only when making slow maneuvers/backing up.

Attachments

• IMG_1972.jpg
    IMG_1972.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 81

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
I have 5% on errythang but the windshield and, although it looks great, I can't stand it anymore. Sure, it's nice going without sunglasses but the benefits are outweighed by the PITA it is to back up at night IMO.

Reckon if I put a good set of backup lights and a backup camera in it'd be ok?

I def. don't want completely UNtinted windows either.

I didn't have a backup camera on my old truck, just got used to the tint. This one has the backup camera, and it will spoil you rotten!! Definitely helps at night.

AC stays cold as ice all day on a low setting, the dark tint just kicks ass! :happy2:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I didn't have a backup camera on my old truck, just got used to the tint. This one has the backup camera, and it will spoil you rotten!! Definitely helps at night.

AC stays cold as ice all day on a low setting, the dark tint just kicks ass! :happy2:

Y'all might be able to get away with it better in hot asss Houston, but try explaining to your wife and 4mth old that are freezing because it's 0* outside but dad has to have the windows down to drive around in a poorly lit parking lot or backing into the drive at home when its dark. Or even worse, I hate being rained on (I know, change my tampon and quit wining like a nancy :spit: ) just to be able to see to back in.

But tinted windows are so :coolspot:

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Y'all might be able to get away with it better in hot asss Houston, but try explaining to your wife and 4mth old that are freezing because it's 0* outside but dad has to have the windows down to drive around in a poorly lit parking lot or backing into the drive at home when its dark. Or even worse, I hate being rained on (I know, change my tampon and quit wining like a nancy :spit: ) just to be able to see to back in.

But tinted windows are so :coolspot:

Your mancard has been revoked until further notice:baby::happy2:

It's all good. It can be a pain at night for sure, but I drive enough during the day to make it well worth the negative at night. :thumb:

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I've been wanting to tint my windshield for a while, just haven't taken the time to have it done. I've been thinking 40 but if 30 isn't a problem I may do that. I tinted the rest of the windows and it made a huge difference as far as AC performance.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Our Fendt goes in for 35% all the way around soon. Looking forward to less glare and not noticing dirty windows as much as anything. It'll be nice in the sun too. The lights at night are actually too bright and glare terribly in the cab. If I like this one, probably do more. Out west its not uncommon for them to have 5% on every window, they don't work much at night and during the day the A/C will not keep up. Lots of glass heating up the cab.

This is not ours, but one that he had in his shop when I was up there.

Ours is just a standard color one.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
A friend has his tractor windows BLACK. he helped with the local fair (ran grader box) & had to run with the windows popped open. LOL

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
I had 5% all around, 35% on the shield and 5% brow on top of it. I loved it! Not nearly as people think at all. In fact people were unaware that it was tinted when riding with me. However, the cops were relentless! Certainly not worth the constant hassle so the new truck just got 20% to match the rears and low 5% brow...

Heres some pics...

This old girl was 20% on the shield and a brow. That was too much lol.

Last edited:

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
I'm going 15% on mine with a 5% brow. I don't think the cops would appreciate the windshield being tinted here. Especially if I venture across the river to Illinois

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Had 20% on my LBZ, 55% on my GMC and have 20% on my single cab. Also just put 50% on the windshield on the Cruze as well. F the AZ summers.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Had 20% on my LBZ, 55% on my GMC and have 20% on my single cab. Also just put 50% on the windshield on the Cruze as well. F the AZ summers.

Herd that! Lol

20% on a windshield has to look dark as hell from outside. My ford 7.3 sitting here has 35% on the windshield and from the outside the 30% is noticeably darker. Can't tell the difference from the inside though

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
only picture I have of that truck now :(

windshield was dark but awesome. Night driving.... thank god for the "all on mod" :rofl: