LB7: WIF light and fuel filters

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Has anybody ever had there WIF light come on? I only had 4K miles on my filter but I changed it because I'm probably going on a trip tommorrow, and I couldn't believe how much crap came out of it as well as water. There had to be close to a 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of it and the WIF light had never come on. My sensor was changed out when I did the filter last as well, so I know it's good(turned it upside down and the light came on to verify). I've been buying my diesel from WAL-MART as they are the highest volume dealer in town, but I won't be buying there anymore. It looks like maybe my CP3 is fine afterall.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Well I opened it up and found that the O-ring that seals the outer element in the housing had been pinched and laid over, so fuel was bypassing the outer element and going straight to the small inner element in it(new style RACOR). It was plugged so tight I can't hardly blow air backwards through the inner element:mad:, I guess this might explain my sudden drop in MPG and low rail pressure under power.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Heres some pics of it opened up. This is one of the new style RACOR factory replacements. You can also see there was quite a bit of water that came out of it too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Ive only had it come on once, bad batch of fuel
if using an additive you could get 2 things depending on what your using, some are an emulsifier(absorb water) & demulsifier(separate fuel & water)
I hope I didn't get the 2 mixed up