Who's running TRIPLES and how do you like em verses compounds

Utahski

Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
Heat too. Triples have a LOT of heat focused in one area. Although with a Duramax you have the secondary sitting in the middle, where on my Dodge all three are in one place, so may not be as much of an issue on your truck?

The space and heat were things not mentioned to me (or I just didn't listen) when I got mine. I mean I knew about the space, but didn't think about the SPACE and how things were routed and such.

I've battled melted AC lines, melted wires, and melted coolant lines. Again, on a Dodge and not a GM so may very well be different/non-issue.

Mine have Levi's blankets on all 3 turbine housings and the complete hotpipe. Heat isn't a problem. Blankets should be part of any compound setup.

'strokeThis_'07

Oct 2, 2009
Laramie, WY
Agreed. Contacted Levi last year about blankets, with my manifold and the ports I opted to wait until I yanked them so I could get accurate measurements and blanket the mani as well.

I just yanked the system last week.

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Got my turbo combination picked out and bought . Also got my motor done and picked up .Now I have to put the motor back in and get to fabricating my piping . I'm anxious to get it put together and running again , put some miles on it and trailer it to DP for dyno tuning . Thanks to my mechanic friend Jason Walker of Walker DMAX in San Marcos Tx & Thanks to all who have helped with advice , pics, info on their triples setups . As soon as I can report something back I will .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 124

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Got the 369s in and mounted , waiting on my 72 from FI then I'll do a test fit before proceeding with the piping .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 118

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I'm a step ahead of you . I asked the question , ( Am I getting Garrett GTX parts on the conversion ? I was told yes ) . It shipped today so we shall see . Back plate, compressor wheel and compressor cover should all be new parts .

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Forced Inductions did me right Ne-max. Garrett parts as promised . I can honestly say they have done me right the 3-4 times I have done business with them . They honored the price they quoted me on the conversion as well and sent my 80mm parts back as requested in case I ever want to convert it back or sell them . As you can see my new stuff 72mm next to my previous 80mm compressor housing .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 116

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Forced Inductions did me right Ne-max. Garrett parts as promised . I can honestly say they have done me right the 3-4 times I have done business with them . They honored the price they quoted me on the conversion as well and sent my 80mm parts back as requested in case I ever want to convert it back or sell them . As you can see my new stuff 72mm next to my previous 80mm compressor housing .
10-4. I know they been selling China turbos claiming they are bw turbos. Talking with a guy from borgwarner at schieds I learned a lot . They are not even a official bw dealer. I know a couple guys that got turbos from them with no tag . One of them was me.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I'm a step ahead of you . I asked the question , ( Am I getting Garrett GTX parts on the conversion ? I was told yes ) . It shipped today so we shall see . Back plate, compressor wheel and compressor cover should all be new parts .

I'm confused. They put a garrett backing plate, GTX compressor and compressor cover on your borg warner turbo?

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
Got my turbo combination picked out and bought . Also got my motor done and picked up .Now I have to put the motor back in and get to fabricating my piping . I'm anxious to get it put together and running again , put some miles on it and trailer it to DP for dyno tuning . Thanks to my mechanic friend Jason Walker of Walker DMAX in San Marcos Tx & Thanks to all who have helped with advice , pics, info on their triples setups . As soon as I can report something back I will .

How do you like the Harland Sharp rocker arms? I had a set on some small block Mopar W2 heads many years ago, once they were set up properly they were awesome (held lash nicely and no breakage or other issues)

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
No Mike , I started out with a Garrett GTX4508R that I had them convert to a GTX4202 72mm only I kept the 87mm turbine off my GTX4508R. So they had to change the back plate, the compressor wheel and the compressor housing . All of which got replaced with Garrett GTX components. My turbo is now a DBB GTX 72/87 versus if you order a new GTX4202 72mm it comes with an 82 turbine I believe . I did this cause I knew it would have been hard to sell the GTX4508R .

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Motor was just redone , it has not been fired yet , so I have yet to run the motor on the Harland Sharp roller rockers yet , but I'm sure they should work great along with the titanium retainers and the billet aluminum lifters . Lighter valve train should help it rev quicker hence spool quicker . I'm working on piping the triples in so it may be a bit before I can get it to Mark @ Danville Performance for tuning . I believe all the mods should work well for awesome street manners , quick spool and top end to boot . Plus the truck is 5300# or so .