Who's running TRIPLES and how do you like em verses compounds

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I am contemplating either going with a 94mm or a 104mm to go with my DP 72mm thats in the valley or I am also considering going to triples. Keeping the 72mm in the valley and adding at least 2 66s possibly bigger. I have not had a chance to discuss with Mark at Danville yet. I'm curious which setup comes in quicker and which has the most readily available instant power . Which turbos you use , dyno info, track times etc. Any info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I am contemplating either going with a 94mm or a 104mm to go with my DP 72mm thats in the valley or I am also considering going to triples. Keeping the 72mm in the valley and adding at least 2 66s possibly bigger. I have not had a chance to discuss with Mark at Danville yet. I'm curious which setup comes in quicker and which has the most readily available instant power . Which turbos you use , dyno info, track times etc. Any info you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

A 94mm or 104mm seems like it'd be pretty big for that setup.

I'd lean for towards a 83 or 88.

What are you doing for injectors? Dual cp3s?

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I am already running an 83, I am currently running 85 over exergys, yes lift pump and dual fuelers, fully built motor and trans in a 5700# truck . I asked Mark at DP on a PM and he said that others are doing 104mm as long as I gate around the 72mm. I am working on getting some 150 overs and a second lift pump knowing I will need more fuel with the added air.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Mark has a new 72 out that I would run with triples. What are your planes and goals with the truck?

I have the new 72 and I can't wait to get everything running. Mark was raving about how great it has worked as a single and even better in a compound setup!

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Plans for the truck is to have fun on the street and on the track, I am more of a heads up racer, grudge match racer, with the occasional street fun. I have an 06 duramax dually I DD. I just have the bug, bug for more power that is. It made 923 on a stock cooler at the TX Motorplex dyno. I since put in a BD cooler and electric fans. No towing what so ever.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
There is always room for improvement and I guess the guys found a design that works a bit better. I also think it is just a hair bigger. True 72mm. I've always found it helpful to just call mark and pick his brain. He has forgotten more about turbos than I will ever know lol

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.

What happened to "know triples for this Mexican!?" Lol. I got you thinkin about it huh? From what Mark told me, after I picked his brain, triples are the way to go. He said they where overall better than twins. I will be going two s366's with my DP 72mm. Fuel mileage, spool up, drive ability, and of course more hp!

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
Will do, and yes this mescan talked to Larry at DP and it sounds very interesting after talking to him about it. I have no problem hooking up so if the power comes in quicker and harder I may be going that way, for the driveability and the up and out of hole quicker. Way I see it alot of races and won and lost in the first 1/8 mile. I still have to sell my s483 though.