Whos got the best trans tunes

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
I have efilive with moonshine tunes for the ecm but am wondering who has the best trans tunes

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
feels like I get a double shift from 3rd to 4th. like it shifts then torque converter locks up

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Tuning isn't going to fix that, it's the way your builder set it up,Some bump in the 3-4 shift, some bark the tires on the 3-4 shift and some slip. Mines kind of lazy in the 3-4 shift so it doesn't break stuff, not sure what they do to make it different but that's in the trans itself from what I've seen with my trucks.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
There are mechanical fixes for the double 3/4 shift. Just need to know how to read the Allison manual.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
mine doesn't do it consistently, I never have liked this trans esp when it was stock. Wot mine shifts firm and smooth but just cruising it does some goofy shit sometimes. I think a lot of that has to do with all the different terrains here and my inconsistent driving habits.

Seems these LMM trans are a little more touchy than the 5 speeds.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
LLY TCM tunes are also funky with the TCC controls. Do a data log to see what RPM's you're actually shifting at, if it's close to 3150-3200, I wouldn't mess with it. Or you can try the 01 OS and see how it does. I know for mine, I had to modify my WOT shift tables as well as lockup tables. Another thing you could be feeling is the converter locking on the 3-4 shift. I know I used to get that and it would catch you off guard if you didn't know what it was. Some TCM tuning and I now have mine shifting around 3250, and consistent lockup in 2nd gear.

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
How do i post a small data log of it on here? Maybe one of you could look at it or i could email it
Thanks