Whites, WESCO, or Nicks Boots?

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Anyone have any experience with Whites, WESCO's or Nicks Boots? I am sick of cheap work boots and will do anything to make my feet quit hurting. Anyone have any experience?

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
I wear georgia comfort core. Sadly the boot truck that comes to work said they will be replaced w/ something else. They are by far the most comfortable I have ever worn. And I think I've tried them all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I have tried red wings, rocky's, ariat's, chippewa's, georgia boot's, justin's and every insole under the sun and nothing hold's up. I am going to try the custom made route and if that doesn't work I will resign to a wheel chair:rofl:

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
I'm a power lineman, and Wesco's are pretty much top of the line for a climbing boot. I can't say how their other boots are. I use Hoffman boots and have had great luck with them. They get pretty abused (mud/water/and 250LBS on the shanks when climbing) and hold up quite well IMO.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
I'm a power lineman, and Wesco's are pretty much top of the line for a climbing boot. I can't say how their other boots are. I use Hoffman boots and have had great luck with them. They get pretty abused (mud/water/and 250LBS on the shanks when climbing) and hold up quite well IMO.

I looked into Hoffman's but they way I looked at it, if I am going to spend that much on boots i would like them to be tailor made to my feet. I have been looking at a set of 10" Whites smokejumpers.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
I had a pair of Smoke Jumpers. They where great untill some ass clown stole them from the bed of my truck. Who steals custom made boots? Anyway

I would assume you have someone who is a real dealer and will do the measuring correctly? I would have someone who sells them do the measuring and not do it yourself. I wouldn't have known to give them little info that made the boot fit better. A good boot guy will ask lot's of questions and get you in the right boot.

Break in time will be long and rough, be prepared to not wear them very long in the begining. I haven't owned a boot with better construction. Stitching and leather is very high quality and very stout. I like the heavy steel shank and lot's of stitching. It's simply a better made boot. I have been doing more research latley because I want to get another pair. I'm in the same boat as you with just being fed up with boots that simply don't hold up.

I would rather spend the extra up front money of having a boot made for my feet and putting on a new sole when it wears out. I can deal with putting on a new sole, it's like replacing tires on your truck.

My current job is really rough on boots and have worn out some good named boots in quick order, like 6 months. I just had Danner give me full refund on the latest boots I bought from them. They leaked water badly and the sole was worn completly flat in 6 months. The leather and stiching basicaly came apart as well. The boot fell apart, I wasn't impressed. I'm running a Georgia logger right now and they are better but the fit isn't the greatest. I like a lace to toe boot and these aren't. Just trying to get by untill I get a set of White's. I get $100 boot refund from my employer every 6 months. I have to wait another 3 months before I can get that again. I hope these current boots last that long.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I have tried red wings, rocky's, ariat's, chippewa's, georgia boot's, justin's and every insole under the sun and nothing hold's up. I am going to try the custom made route and if that doesn't work I will resign to a wheel chair:rofl:

You can borrow my office chair.:hug:

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I've worn just about every boot. I always wear the loggers style boots. Most comfortable to me is redwings, halls, or Carolina boots.

Will

Apr 30, 2008
Mt. Pleasant, IA
www.myspace.com
I've got a pair of Chippewa's logger style that are going on 2 years. I wear them 4 days a weeks for work. I've worn through the toes on them but that happened with in the last couple months. I have a second pair that I wear for casual wear or whatever you want to call it. Plus they are American made.

The only thing that I have had a problem with has been that the outside of the heel as worn quicker then the inside and that causes my feet to hurt after being on them for 12+hrs. I think that is mostly because I must walk on the out side of my heels more. If I could stop that some how, they'd be still really comfortable boots.

http://www.chippewaboots.com/boots/logger/29435

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I looked into Hoffman's but they way I looked at it, if I am going to spend that much on boots i would like them to be tailor made to my feet. I have been looking at a set of 10" Whites smokejumpers.

You won't regret the whites. You can have them custom fit too. I have worn through every other boot real quick. Justin lasted me two weeks before I wore the toe through. You will hate the "whites bite" during break in but after that its the best thing ever. Wore these 16 hours a day on the ambulance.