White plastic cone/screen in Allison??

Aug 22, 2009
I am installing a TransGo Jr in my 2008 LMM. Right as I am going to install the VB I notice a white plastic cone with a screen in it. It is about 1" long and about .25" at the biggest end and tappers to .125". Has anyone seen this before? I want to make sure this is not critical. It might even be from something else, but I thought I checked my bench before I started.

If anyone wants to call me quick my cell is 610-741-3711...i am heading back to the garage.

Thank you,

Paul

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I am installing a TransGo Jr in my 2008 LMM. Right as I am going to install the VB I notice a white plastic cone with a screen in it. It is about 1" long and about .25" at the biggest end and tappers to .125". Has anyone seen this before? I want to make sure this is not critical. It might even be from something else, but I thought I checked my bench before I started.

If anyone wants to call me quick my cell is 610-741-3711...i am heading back to the garage.

Thank you,

Paul

It goes in the valve body IIRC, I do know for a fact that it came from your trans, I forget where it goes though:confused:

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
They should not be selling parts then. It goes in the valve body did you atleast get a book for the allison?

X2 No disrespect intended but this is why I buy from who I do. Not just with duramaxes. I know of one vendor (not for my truck) that I was on the phone with at 1030 on a Sunday night getting tech support. I don't look for the cheapest prices, I buy from who I know I can call when I need help:)

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

Thank you,

Paul

Who did you buy the transgo kit from?

Aug 22, 2009
Problem solved. :D

Mike is the MAN! He got me squared away lastnight and the trans is shifting great. I already told him that I will be calling about a stage IV treatment in the future.

I am a duramax newb and am still learning who to deal with. I know Mike is on the list for sure.

Thank you,

Paul

Last edited:

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
My personal suggestion is if you want to do anything with your Allison beyond fluid and filter changes (ESPECIALLY a kit install), get an ATSG manual. It's about $30 and it'll answer pretty much all your questions, such as were that filter goes. And as Mike probably told you already, yes, it IS a critical filter. Second suggestion (as you've found) is to buy from Mike so you get good parts AND tech support if needed :thumb:.

Last edited: