Whining noise

t.rider.013

Sep 1, 2019
2004.5 2500hd ccsb lately I’ve noticed that while driving around give the truck some throttle I hear a whine noise that goes along with rpm. If I let off it goes away, if I push on pedal it starts the noise again. Checked power steering fluid in pump and seems to be ok. No leaks or anything like that. Has anyone heard of anything like this? Am I looking at a power steering pump or hydro boost system? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t.rider.013

Sep 1, 2019
Also does it at idle as well. No issues in turning or braking either.

t.rider.013

Sep 1, 2019
No codes. It almost sounds like power steering pump on has motors when they are going out.

t.rider.013

Sep 1, 2019
No there is some fluid on the bottom of the small dipstick. Makes me wonder if the cap was replaced because it doesn’t have full lines on it like normal ones

t.rider.013

Sep 1, 2019
Yeah it’s definitely not that full. Is it possible that the pump is bad now due to its not at the level it should be at? What fluid should I add to it to see if that’s all my problem is?

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
I've always used whatever cheap power steering fluid I can get off the shelf. Changed my first power steering hose couple days ago not bad for a 15 year old truck.