Which would be better?

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
I bought wrecked LMM standard chassis cab and have to replace everything body wise. It seems nearly impossible to find a blown engine chassis cab or a 4wd high milage work truck. Main questions are...

Since the LBZ is basically the LMM are the cab and electronics along with the cab mounts the same I could swap over that way?

Would it be easier to get a 2wd truck and convert it to 4wd with all the parts from the truck I have now?

Or should I just part the truck I have now and buy a road worthy one to start out?

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
To answer your question about the LBZ cab onto an LMM chassis, no the electronics are COMPLETELY differrent. Sounds like a good DURABURB powerplant to me.

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Alright thanks guys. I had an itch to put it in my dad's 70.5 Camaro but then I looked at how short, height wise, the front of it iis and it'll never work

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Also what did it cost to put it in a 1500? I would have to have someone else do all the work so would it even be worth it?

I had about $10k into mine to get it running in stock form. That's the half ton purchase and donor purchase. Took me about 3 months in my garage, so no labor costs. Not worth it if you're having someone else do the work.

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Well I live in new iowa so I if you want it you can come get it for a fair price

Also I found another truck that was in a fire so I would have a good cab box and rear end. Would it still not be worth it to try and piece the two trucks together?