Where to get exhaust

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Anybody know where I can have 5" exhaust bent on a mandrel machine for a reasonable price????

I do realize not many people have one of these machines as they are close to 100,000 dollars.

I contacted diamond eye and they quoted $8 a foot for aluminized 5", $95 engineering fee, $15 labor. Plus it will be ridiculous to ship.

I think im just gonna get some pipe and elbows and weld them together then break out the 2000 grit sandpaper and get polishing.

This stack is for the indoor pull.

where is the cheapest price on pipe, i usually get mine from air flow systems, but if anybody knows a cheaper place let me know.,

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
well i came up with a total cost of 270 ish for a 6' length, 2 4' lengths and 2 45* elbows all are 5" aluminized.

price doesnt include shipping

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
what are you trying to do? i ask b/c GrandRock offers polished s bends and elbows.

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Not to send business away from a vendor, but if this isn't something you will be running everyday and is just for an indoor pull, I would go to the local napa, autozone, orielys...etc They might have the right price if you are just looking for something cheap, quick, and easy.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
i know ill only use it once or twice a year, but still want it too look good.

I dont want to cobble clamps together, but well see I might end up doing that if I cant get the price down.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
X2. Pretty doesn't win pulls. Just paint it muffler black and be done with it.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Are you refferring to the piece that attaches to your stack and goes into the smoke collector?
At our only indoor pull I believe the sled operator supplied them. If not they all appeared to be bought from the same manufacturer, so I believe somebody sells them.
I know this probably don't help much, but try a tractor pulling supplier.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
^^^ exactly.

What I was planning to do is weld aluminized pipe together and either polish it myself or paint it black. I cant break down and do mexichrome though.

My buddy was out tonite and gave me the number to a shop in kansas tht does them. ill compare their price to NAPAs and see where to go from there.

Last edited: