Where does the oil return line and feed line go?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I'll be installing my s472 in not too long. the only thing i cant figure out is where the oil return and oil feed lines go? for the return i was told it runs into the galley on the drivers side, near the oil filter?? i know the return connects to the turbo with a flange, but does it connect to the galley with a flange also? or am i way off track? any help/pointers would be appreciated. pictures would be the best. thanks guys

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Top of turbo to center of valley = fresh oil line.

Bottom of turbo to top rear of block = oil return.

If you get the BD Side Oiler kit, the feed goes down by the oil filter, and there are instructions.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
so i use the same same oil feed location that the stock charger uses and run the oil return to the galley? what do you suggest i use to block the stock return location? and do you have a link to the BD oiler kit. i cant find it

straightpiperoar

Jul 20, 2009
u can get a stainless line made for the return and the supply....Use the same locations that the stock turbo used and that will work just fine....

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
so i use the same same oil feed location that the stock charger uses and run the oil return to the galley? what do you suggest i use to block the stock return location? and do you have a link to the BD oiler kit. i cant find it

The stock feed in the valley will get a plug. Your new oil feed line that use to come from the valley to the top of the turbo will now come from the side of the block down by the oil cooler and filter. The turbos drain thats on the bottom will still drain to the stock drain location the line just needs modded to work with what pedistal your using your not blocking off the stock drain hole.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
The stock feed in the valley will get a plug. Your new oil feed line that use to come from the valley to the top of the turbo will now come from the side of the block down by the oil cooler and filter. The turbos drain thats on the bottom will still drain to the stock drain location the line just needs modded to work with what pedistal your using your not blocking off the stock drain hole.

i see now. that clears it up. so i basically just need an extended stock drain. i assume i could extend my stock one with some hose and hose clamps.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
braided line is PPE's line to feed oil to the turbo from the valley the stock port. The steel line under turbo is the drain of theres that is made longer.

DSCF7521.jpg

The hole here is the stock feed from the cam bearing.
LBZTakeout073.jpg

Back were the 2 bolts are and gasket on the rear adapter is the stock drain are that you will still use.
LBZTakeout074.jpg

If you use a oil feed line like the BD or HTT kits you will plug the valley with a 12mm plug and use this spot to feed the turbo with fresh oil.
DSCF5773.jpg

Last edited:

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Henry, in that last pic, is that the drivers side galley? near the oil filter? or is that the spot on the passengers side galley? wont either location (pass. or drivers side) work for the feed line?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Henry, in that last pic, is that the drivers side galley? near the oil filter? or is that the spot on the passengers side galley? wont either location (pass. or drivers side) work for the feed line?

Driver side is the main oil feed to the filter. The pass side is the end of the oiling and returning to the front cover.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
thanks for the help man. the pictures you posted cleared everything up for me. i'll be ordering that downpipe here before too long.

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
Not to hijack your thread but I'm searching for some similar answers, I am putting in a htt66 soon and I just need to know size of plug/threads to plug stock place, and thread size for new location near oil filter

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
I'll be installing my s472 in not too long. the only thing i cant figure out is where the oil return and oil feed lines go? for the return i was told it runs into the galley on the drivers side, near the oil filter?? i know the return connects to the turbo with a flange, but does it connect to the galley with a flange also? or am i way off track? any help/pointers would be appreciated. pictures would be the best. thanks guys

How much did your s475 cost you and what kind of boost do you expect out of it?