Wheel spacers ok or not ok?

Mainecobra

Sep 19, 2014
So i have a fully built lbz 900hp. Bmf 20x9. My truck is lowered and i think 2" wheel spacers will give the truck more of a wide and low look im going for. Im all about function as well though. Any issues with a nice set of wheel spacers that bolt on ? Meaning with my hp any issues with the wheel being further away? Some people say i would be putting my ball joints ect added stress. Trying to wrap my head around what the difference is with having spacers or a 20x12 wheel as far as stress on the ball joints ect.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Not many responses ? Perhaps because not many run spacers in the front mostly the rear? Those running rear spacers haven't reported any issue you are describing that I'm aware of.

In my opinion I cannot imagine 2" would be much of a issue in the front any different then those running oversize tires.

Your going to see quicker ware and stress running bigger tires anyway so you are going to have to beef up where you can anyway in the front suspension.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
BMF 20x9's are 5" BS 0-offset I believe. With 2" spacers in the front and being lowered I think you may have to do some trimming/cutting.