what tune

slaghappy

NO SENCE MAKES SENCE!
Sep 9, 2015
Curious as to what horsepower tune you LML guys are running? I have the efi live Kory Willis. Running the second tune,tow/eco 120 hp. It seems a little harsh. What do you guys think?

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
Tow/eco 120? I think you got that wrong. I've been installing the 60hp tune on the LML single tunes as long as they don't tow heavy. That's known as the tow/eco as far as I know and they seem to run great. 30hp is a tow tune.

slaghappy

NO SENCE MAKES SENCE!
Sep 9, 2015
I could be wrong. I know I have it on the second tune,tow/eco. Just don't know the exact horsepower? Seems like alot of power.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Out of curiosity, does the LML tuning have the same power increases over stock as previous generations? Cuz doesnt the LML make like 100 more HP than an LBZ? So, if you can get a +230whp built trans tune on and LML that's like 330hp on an LBZ....right???

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Out of curiosity, does the LML tuning have the same power increases over stock as previous generations? Cuz doesnt the LML make like 100 more HP than an LBZ? So, if you can get a +230whp built trans tune on and LML that's like 330hp on an LBZ....right???

Unfortunately the LML has a weak fuel pump (cp4.2) which doesn't allow us to really crank on the fuel.

With the fuel pump replaced with one that will flow adequate fuel, the stock injectors can flow around 700hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slaghappy

NO SENCE MAKES SENCE!
Sep 9, 2015
I believe my tunes are 60,120,150,200. I guess that's why the instructions say not to run the last two tunes without a liftpump, because the cp4 might not hold up?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
I believe my tunes are 60,120,150,200. I guess that's why the instructions say not to run the last two tunes without a liftpump, because the cp4 might not hold up?

Your tunes are probably 60/90/110/130-150
Unless you have a built transmission

Lift pumps start being required around 90-110 over stock

So Kory, with the cp3 conersion, a turbo and a built trans, the stock LML will push 700...like an LBZ is "good for" 600???:baby:

slaghappy

NO SENCE MAKES SENCE!
Sep 9, 2015
So dose a lift pump help prolong the cp4? I'm a little scared to run any higher tunes. Don't want to damage anything.

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Your tunes are probably 60/90/110/130-150
Unless you have a built transmission

Lift pumps start being required around 90-110 over stock

So Kory, with the cp3 conersion, a turbo and a built trans, the stock LML will push 700...like an LBZ is "good for" 600???:baby:

Man honestly without a lift pump and maxing out the regulator in tuning we can generally hold close to 150hp over stock. The cp3 conversion and injectors will generally give up 700hp, sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less as long as the supporting air is there.

So dose a lift pump help prolong the cp4? I'm a little scared to run any higher tunes. Don't want to damage anything.

I cant say it will prolong the life, but i can assure you it doesnt do the opposite. I'm also not totally convinced that low rail alone is whats killing them, although i can confirm low rail doesnt help. They are just too hit or miss. A lift pump would be great preventative maintenance, however... And the option of the added power doesnt hurt either :)

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I notice that the timing on the LML motors is really low compared to the older trucks. Is that primarily for emissions purposes?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
For the record, you're asking some remedial questions here that can be answered by reading about how to buy a tune and what you get when you do. You know Kory is the tuner, so check out his site ;) Maybe call/email him up and give him your vin or better yet the serial # off the AutoCal and find out exactly what it has...

That said. Stock trans tuning typically goes 60/90/110/140ish or around there...I think the LMLis slightly different tho it might be 30/60/90/130??? Something in there...

The lowest power tune is your heavy tow, that's anything the truck can tow, the 2nd lowest power level is your light tow tune and is rated for up to 8 or 9k lbs IIRC...the top two tunes are your street performance and competition tune and you don't tow or even haul anything substantial with those...but really if you want to watch your EGT gauge and press your luck with the Alli, you can try to get away with what you want to...

Take the time to search the forum for a few minutes and the answeres you're looking for will probably come to you alot faster than waiting for someone to take the time to type out a response:hug:

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Man honestly without a lift pump and maxing out the regulator in tuning we can generally hold close to 150hp over stock. The cp3 conversion and injectors will generally give up 700hp, sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less as long as the supporting air is there.

:)
Really! That's pretty impressive. Now the tuning bridge has been crossed it seems like the LML'S are proving to be quite the beast of an engine!
After laying into the other guy...thank you for answering my remedial question I probably could've found myself :eek:

:baby:

:angel: