What Do Ya Think?

1FastMax

Cronic Smoker
Feb 27, 2007
you will be lucky to break a 14.0, trust me. I get low 13.x's with lots of spray.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Before i did the CP3 mod and injectors and EFILive, I ran a 15.30, idle launch, spun bad so i lifted, got back in it and limped the ally just past 1/8 and COASTED to a 15.30!:eek: If you can get some slicks you should do ok IMHO Oh and just H2O no meth in the tank!

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
Ive gotten my truck into the high 13's before running 2wd no slicks, definently took some driving to do it. Barley spooling up and just easing into the throttle not to let the tires break loose to much. The hardest part is not mashing the throttle off the line:)

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
whats the point of racing it if you arent mashing the throttle? get slicks do it right id say or you may end up disappointed

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
whats the point of racing it if you arent mashing the throttle? get slicks do it right id say or you may end up disappointed

I guess I ve done too much street racin. Spinnin aint winnin, sometimes that means not mashing. Is nice having 4 wheel drive now.

May 21, 2008
Stephenville Tx
Before i did the CP3 mod and injectors and EFILive, I ran a 15.30, idle launch, spun bad so i lifted, got back in it and limped the ally just past 1/8 and COASTED to a 15.30!:eek: If you can get some slicks you should do ok IMHO Oh and just H2O no meth in the tank!

Going to be running slicks. Hoping to get that mid 13, I wonder how much boost I can hold at the line with slicks? Just wonder why no meth, what if it is just 10% meth Peak wwf? Is water just better for racing?

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Going to be running slicks. Hoping to get that mid 13, I wonder how much boost I can hold at the line with slicks? Just wonder why no meth, what if it is just 10% meth Peak wwf? Is water just better for racing?

Good call on the slicks, and good luck let us know how you do!

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Ive gotten my truck into the high 13's before running 2wd no slicks, definently took some driving to do it. Barley spooling up and just easing into the throttle not to let the tires break loose to much. The hardest part is not mashing the throttle off the line:)

so true. especially in the reg cabs... no weight. 15.2 was the best i could manage.... thats an unboosted launch, still spins tires thru 2nd with em aired down to ~20 lbs and feathering the pedal, and a slippin trans. i only picked up ~10 mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4... my trans hates me. :D

tried a 1000 rpm launch with tires still at 80psi and foot to the floor on the green (pro tree) .... top of third before the tires quit squalling..... needs a drop and some stickies. that will do the trick... i hope :)

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I think mid 13's would be doable, probably take practice more than anything, you will need a good tune also. Have you considered trac bars :D

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
What kind of slicks will you be running? Make sure to mess w/ the pressures and heat cycles in the burn out box, which also depends on how well the track is prepped. What is the altitude of the track you wil be running at?