What did you do to your home/shop today?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Good luck with the sale Tom that a nice house. My in-laws just moved here from NE. Sold the house they have lived in for 41years on its first day on the market. Had 8 showings. The market is crazy there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I don't know how some people are affording it today. I bought my house 20 years ago and could almost sell it for 3-1/2 xs what I paid for it. I've got 3-1/2 years till its paid off and can't wait.
You and me both. How can someone afford a $600,000 home thats barely 1200 sq? Yikes.

Ours has been paid off for a year, and we've been here for 25 years. But our property value hasnt moved much in that time. Its very odd. Had our chance to move back in 2000, but we chose not to.

Roni and I have agreed, we'll be in our house until we use the cemetery down the road.

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
I couldn't afford the house we are in escrow now if I hadn't had 2 other houses to sell and had my wife's condo to sell. Even then to pay it off before we both retire our payment is going to be more than I want to think about right now.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, we've got two offers already. One is 179,000 and the other is 179,900. I guess there is one buyer who wants a second tour of the house, and another who's hastily scheduled a tour for tomorrow.

Realtor has given until Friday @ 5pm for any other offers. Then my sister gets to counter.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
..and the offers are in. One was for asking price - $3000 in closing costs, the other was for asking price. My sister is going to accept the latter offer. Its a young family with two kids, moving from up north to be closer to family. Works for me. 4 days....amazing. :)

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
Picked up everything outside in preparations to ride out Barry and all he has to offer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, Im back to only having to take care of one house again. My sister signed all the papers Friday. Mom's house is in the possession of the new owners now. I did my last mow/trim Thursday night and left the shed keys and a welcoming letter in the house. After I filed down my housekey so it wouldnt open the locks any more, I walked around the yard one last time, said a quiet prayer, got in the car and left. 54 years of memories. Time to move on.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
That's I tough one Tom, at least you got to say goodbye to your family home in your own quiet peaceful way. That will make a difrence as time goes bye...

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Beautiful home. 10/12 or 12/12 pitch? I have friends that can walk around on a steep roof like that like monkeys....but me? Oh hell no!

Sorry I didnt post earlier...thanks for the messages, guys. Much appreciated.

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
That portion is 12/12, rest is 9/12 and 2.75/12. Ya I’m young and don’t mind doing it on my own place but definitely wouldn’t want to do it for a living. This is our forever home and I absolutely will never build again lol

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Hell you got toe boards your good to go. All you need for a the foam out of a couch cushion. Well that’s what the Mexicans use down here. I ain’t roofed a house in 19 years and don’t plan on doing it again. Just like I won’t tile one again.

Heck at the rate I’m going I going to have to hire someone to finish tiling for me. I just got out my tile saw for the first time in 3 months and I got a bit to do still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk