What did you do at work today?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Im just glad a deer hit is typically not an avoidable accident....Yay.

.....and boy, was my mechanic not happy. Brand new truck with two fractures in the fiberglass hood, a broken grill, broken PS cooler (which I bypassed with a heater hose connector) and both headlight buckets off kilter. Oh well, what can ya do?

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Finishing up rigging a fire boat for US Army, been a long haul on this one. Ready to fire everything up and start programming startup boot proceedures and test install..

Reactions: Dozerboy

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
He did initially. One of my route friends is a state trooper, and he stopped out to help. The buck had broken legs or back, so my friend killed it with his sidearm. Hopefully I can get the antlers from whoever took the carcass.
The last deer I hit I field dressed and tied it down to the roof of my Blazer. Then I had to go to the police station about a previous ticket I had. Was interesting pulling up to the police station with blood running off the sides of my truck and a dead deer up there.

I Imagine UPS corporate would’ve frowned upon you doing such a thing though...

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
The last deer I hit I field dressed and tied it down to the roof of my Blazer. Then I had to go to the police station about a previous ticket I had. Was interesting pulling up to the police station with blood running off the sides of my truck and a dead deer up there.

I Imagine UPS corporate would’ve frowned upon you doing such a thing though...
Well, Im not a hunter, so asking me to field dress a deer would be an exercise in absolute failure. :LOL: I dont carry a hacksaw or large knife, either. ;)

Word got around my route and also at work, so Im now "TomBacon - Deerslayer" at both places. :whistle: Yay, team. Ugh.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Well, Im not a hunter, so asking me to field dress a deer would be an exercise in absolute failure. :LOL: I dont carry a hacksaw or large knife, either. ;)

Word got around my route and also at work, so Im now "TomBacon - Deerslayer" at both places. :whistle: Yay, team. Ugh.

I vote embrace it, put the antlers on the grill of the truck for the rest of the winter

04chase

Mar 28, 2008
Having fun fixing the damage from a failed u joint. Tcm is fixed but now removing the trans and bell housing is going to be fun since it is the rear engine support. internationals are ........ piece of ....
e881ad2838c1304b22642cf6974a25a4.jpg
eee9579049987a47a001c421cc7071bc.jpg
9159554a2d9f3b5e4f6c2636384162f0.jpg
39cb38601c1d9dc00c75b445d1cd440e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: DAVe3283

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Competitive delivery
Bashing in FedEx's teeth in 😋
Raking in the overtime
Cursing Amazon
And most of all, making many people very happy

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Competitive delivery
Bashing in FedEx's teeth in 😋
Raking in the overtime
Cursing Amazon
And most of all, making many people very happy
Amen! Its kinda funny when all three trucks pull up to a house one-after-another, which has happened a couple times already....
But sometimes I think FX is kicking our butts. My best friend is a FX mgr, and they've been on 7 days since March and busier than hell. Oh well.....
24 hrs OT last week, probably about the same this week. (y)
Amazon -- good lord, those drivers are the worst, and totally unprofessional in everything they do!
Im one of Santa's Elves this time of year. The smiles and happiness are the best part, especially this year. :)

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Amazon driver = millennial. I just want a check. I think they are all contract employees not real amazon employees.

Most of the ones out here appear so lost its quite funny. I think we get the leftover drivers not a route driver.

And Tom, I think the new generation of delivery personnel are all loosing what the outgoing delivery personnel were taught, embraced, and carried on. GF's son is a driver and he talks about how some guys just throw packages. Even the loaders in the centers don't seem to care if your stuff is destroyed.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thats what happens when they're trained by mgrs who never drove.....(I really miss the "rolleyes" smiley)

Its up to the remaining veteran drivers to teach the newbies what's what. I do it all the time.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Nice buck.

I saw 4 last week but only one was possibly a shooter thanks to the conservation rules. Ended up reducing the Hog population by 1 Monday evening. 175 yd shot with 300 win mag, I'm sighted for 300 so it was a hold down of 1' to hit him in the neck and out the other side of the head. 165 grain Federal Fusion ave the poor thing a pretty bad headache.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Had a shitty day today, so I was Scrooge McDuck. Hopefully feel like being an elf again tomorrow.