What did you do at work today?

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
b70788115912a737aa5bc34a73d9d089.jpg

Got new machine powered up, ready for leveling and setup.

65411563e2d300ee20fe93d789bc043d.jpg

bac269f5ba2b4287cf57bd7b008cff65.jpg

Then we had a ballscrew cover crinkle up on one of the other machines. Press and BFH time.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
What’s up guys! Been mia for a bit. Coming up on finishing my personal house and will have more spare time then! Here’s 2 of the last showers I’ve done. The one is zero entry with a tiled line drain in the center! Love doing these showers

Benny315

Benny
Feb 11, 2019
Backwoods, Savannah, NY
What’s up guys! Been mia for a bit. Coming up on finishing my personal house and will have more spare time then! Here’s 2 of the last showers I’ve done. The one is zero entry with a tiled line drain in the center! Love doing these showers
Very nice, have done quite a few in the past as well, are they still recommending rubber membrane underlayment ?? I am doing mine as well soon and going to collage all the left over tiles from jobs into mine. Great work !

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Thanks fellas! I take pride in my work forsure, I love what I do.

Rubber membrane is old school. I use all schluter systems products. It’s a sheet membrane waterproofing that is applied over your dry pack pans and can be applied over drywall. Tile is installed directly to this, much better for shower pans as your dry pack does not stay saturated and get nasty and moldy. Here’s that shower all done with kerdi ready for tile.

Benny315

Benny
Feb 11, 2019
Backwoods, Savannah, NY

Rubber membrane is old school. I use all schluter systems products. It’s a sheet membrane waterproofing that is applied over your dry pack pans and can be applied over drywall. Tile is installed directly to this, much better for shower pans as your dry pack does not stay saturated and get nasty and moldy. Here’s that shower all done with kerdi ready for tile.
Thanks for the tip, I will look into it. I hated doing those penny rounds and I never did like the rubber underlayment, I always thought the tiles would loosen with rubber being flexible and spongy but they swore by it back then. Looks great, love the wood tile's

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I’m just watching my guys play in the mud. We haven’t had any production in 3 weeks with the rain we have been getting. The project managers have been getting antsy, but not much we can do about the weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Does being executor of an estate/power of attorney count as work? Had to take the day off so I could call around and find an attorney to get advice on my Dad's papers. I have an appointment next Monday.
Before you ask, no....he's not gone (I dont need a repeat of 2019 thankyouverymuch), but he and his wife are having problems between them related to their trust and I need to understand what all is in this document and see how it will be affected if he decides to move into a retirement home by himself.

Id rather be out driving in 4" of snow on rural roads than doing this, but thats what kids do for their parents, right?

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us

Does the center tile come out if you need to clean the drain? I haven't seen this type of setup for a shower drain before.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Putting in a machine that I’ve only seen this model for one week and isn’t even in my area of the company. Not fun at all and am struggling but hey hours are hours.

Thursday my grandparents close on their new house so a weekend full of moving. Dreading this whole week (I live with them since I travel and rent is free :D)

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Does the center tile come out if you need to clean the drain? I haven't seen this type of setup for a shower drain before.

Yes sir. The tile is attached to a stainless piece that fits inside of the drain body. It has rubber deals on the corners that hold it into place. It’s basically a 1/8” ungrouted line on each side that the water drains into. They give you a special hook tool that fits in and pulls the drain insert up.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Ripped out about a thousand dollars worth of failing black box / proprietary electronics and sensors for an indoor swimming pool A/C. Replaced them with some off the shelf thermostats and humidistat. Seems to work better then before

One thermostat for cooling, one for heating, one for the aux. heating and a humidistat to keep it running if the humidity is above set point. Now I have control over each temp setting, humidity and deadband. Parameters I never had with the factory electronics and programming

Bet you never seen three thermostats hooked up like this before

Attachments

• IMG_20200121_172722940~01~01.jpg
    IMG_20200121_172722940~01~01.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 37

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Nice!! so do the heat and a/c run in parallel with each other to keep temp right at 78*? did you have to adjust the swing on each one by a couple degrees?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yes sir. The tile is attached to a stainless piece that fits inside of the drain body. It has rubber deals on the corners that hold it into place. It’s basically a 1/8” ungrouted line on each side that the water drains into. They give you a special hook tool that fits in and pulls the drain insert up.

ok, that is bad ass.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Nice!! so do the heat and a/c run in parallel with each other to keep temp right at 78*? did you have to adjust the swing on each one by a couple degrees?

There is a refrigerant solenoid that turns on a reheat coil, basically another condenser right behind the evaporator. This reheats the cold air.

The cooling thermostat and heating thermostat are both set to open a solenoid prior to the TXV which lets the refrigerant flow. This raises the pressure activating a pressure switch turning on the compressor.

The temps are set 2* apart for a dead band or no run condition. At first start it is in cooling but if it drops below set point of the heat setting then the reheat coil solenoid turns on. This runs until it is between the two thermostats set points. If the humidity is above the set point then it keeps the compressor running in cooling mode. This causes the unit to keep switching back and forth between heat and cool to bring the humidity down.

When all are satisfied then the compressor shuts off.

If the temp drops too far then the aux heating thermostat turns on the electric heater to bring it back up. This is really only used in the winter as the fresh intake air can be 40* or colder. In the summer it will likely be running in cooling mode most of the time with maybe 10% heating

It took a while to figure out what all the valves, solenoids, coils and pressure reducers did on this unit. This thing has three condensers. One in line with the evaporator for reheating the air, one outdoor condenser and one refrigerant to water loop to heat the pool water.

I have it set up to dump as much heat into the pool as it can then the rest out doors. When in heating I turn off the outside condenser and only use the pool and reheat coil.

So far its holding temp within a few degrees of the set point. And keeping humidity in check. Before it would swing about 10* with factory controls and humidity was all over the place with no way to change it unless I had them reprogram it. But with as many sensors and electronics that failed it was not an option. It still needs more run time to see but so far I like it.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
OK, I'll ask it....why does a person need A/C for an indoor pool? Isnt diving into the water to get cool the whole point of a pool?