What did you do at work today?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Business is great. Dealing with dad's estate, wife, child and I have had flu twice, then wife got pneumonia, house remodel thrown in, sick dog, etc are what were giving me problems. Plus, I just lost a great employee to a grading company, customer of mine snipped him out from under me...:(

Need someone to fill in for him? :beer2:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
You would hate me in 2 weeks. Lol. I work everyday of the week with the word day in it...:roflmao:

Seriously though if you want to live where the girl to guy ratio is 3 girls to every guy come on down and we can eat lunch and see what you could offer...

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
This isn’t correct. OSHA allows a maximum of 5 beams. And the spacing is suppose to be 7ft. This is according to sub part R. But it isn’t very often that you will find a general that will allow us to tree 5 beams per pick. Let alone run solely on subpart R rules. Technically as a connector we aren’t suppose to have to tie off as long as the distance down to the next finnished floor isn’t over 15ft . 6 ft isn’t good for a guy like me connecting. I’m 6ft and rarely do the ground guys get them centered perfect. So 6ft spacing is just another thing to worry about. But I never really worry about myself. I’m always more concerned with my partner.
Correct
You can have 20 beams as long as you weight ratings are all good and like mentioned they go back to the hook
Not sure on spacing but we like around 6’ helps the little Mexicans lol:rofl:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Twiddling my thumbs watching Mammoet build a 10’ tall ramp/bridge over a chemical pipe rack. They have a 1,000,000lb reactor to get to the other side of the rack. Not sure when the move is going to happen. I hope I’m here for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Twiddling my thumbs watching Mammoet build a 10’ tall ramp/bridge over a chemical pipe rack. They have a 1,000,000lb reactor to get to the other side of the rack. Not sure when the move is going to happen. I hope I’m here for it.

Million pounds?

Dang!

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Yep! From what I heard today they have at least 10 things to move starting Thursday of next week. It's funny because they are only coming from across the street. Where they have another facility/port where they where shipped in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX

Where are you located? I know we have lots of "strange" things like that going on around the Houston area. Seems like everyone has built a sleeper rack surrounding the plants where you need to get in lately.

I am working on layout for a turnaround where we are pulling 9 exchangers. None of which are straight crane picks, all are at elevation and need to be moved 25' or more to get overhead clearance so they can get the hook over the exchangers.

Have another project going with a crawler that has 54m main and 54m luffing jib to pick a 120,000 lb tank at 210' radius.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I’m back to Lyondell Hyperzone for the next couple weeks. There are no big cranes out here so they must not be having to lift them. Maybe I can catch them out of on a public road where I can take some pictures.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I’m back to Lyondell Hyperzone for the next couple weeks. There are no big cranes out here so they must not be having to lift them. Maybe I can catch them out of on a public road where I can take some pictures.

We may not have the lifting portion, or it could be later.

500 ton is not that heavy any more for lifting, but moving is still a PITA with road rules.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I didn’t think about if being lifted later. There is a large crawler being erected that I saw today. I couldn’t tell what size.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I didn’t think about if being lifted later. There is a large crawler being erected that I saw today. I couldn’t tell what size.

I am out of the office right now, so i don't know what is scheduled for that location.

Did job last month using one of or 1600 tonne ringers (a-frame boom and double wide jib) setting 400 tonne modules. Nice lifts with top one being 320'+. Cane had 92m main boom + 63m jib at 54m radius and was under 90% when setting with 68 tonnes of rigging. Wish I had pictures, but those will get you in trouble if shared from inside the fence without proper authorization.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
The size of the rigging is what always kills me! There's nothing like needing a crane to hook your shackles and slings up. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hell, for our tilt panel rigging, our spreader bar is 25 foot wide and just the bar alone is 7500lbs. Hook ready we have just over 20k lbs in running and load block. That's a drop in the bucket to that giant shit but a good example