What did you do at work today?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
The main reason cummins generally suck in today's market is because the engineers struggle to design a reliable dpf/def/enviro system for them. We have 1MW generators at work that have cummins motors and almost every issue they have is related to the environmental shit they've got strapped to them. Some of our company trucks have cummins and almost anytime one of those trucks come to visit my area they end up in the Dodge Garage getting def/dpf worked on (I can count at least 5 times that's happened anf we've only got maybe 10 trucks with those motors). John Deere on the other hand has figured it out pretty quickly and some of our compressors that use their engines are practically bullet proof. I'll stick to my old oil burner until it completely gives up lol

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

seems like the after treatment problems are across the board with the on highway stuff anyways.

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Had fun setting up another new unit for load test a couple weeks ago. Its a 56L V16 Guascor. Runs on Natural Gas. Has a 13,800V Generator. We had to transform that down to 480V which is what our load bank operates on.

Last edited:

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
I'll bet its getting hooked to a Generator. Its a freakin V32 though:eek:

Saved that pic from an Onan class I was at. They wouldn't hand out the pics of them painted green for whatever reason, but saw a few on the instructors computer hooked to a generator. They're massive. Can't remember the specs (something like 90 liters & the gen is rated in mega watts) but he said they bring them online once a month & power part of the grid to help out energy usage from the plant.

Last edited:

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
And I thought Cat 3516s were big Lol. I wondered if it wasn't for peak shaving, its surprising how much of that gets done...especially in the summer. O and btw it is a V16...I had counted the ports in the intake manifold, but I just realized it has only 8 heads on a side.
Saved that pic from an Onan class I was at. They wouldn't hand out the pics of them painted green for whatever reason, but saw a few on the instructors computer hooked to a generator. They're massive. Can't remember the specs (something like 90 liters & the gen is rated in mega watts) but he said they bring them online once a month & power part of the grid to help out energy usage from the plant.

Last edited:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Did not know this. Interesting.

Thanks guys

Industrial can be black too. Depends on the packager. Automotive and Marine are the only thing you'll see a certain color, I've seen power gen units in tan/ black/ green/ red.

Those QSK95's are for mining equipment and locomotive type applications.