What did you do at work today?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I again drove around mid-Michigan delivering brown corrugated boxes, grey/white/black packs and other assorted things. Remind me when retirement was happening again?

Found out that yesterday a rookie left 7 pkgs at my vet clinic's front door after they had closed (they close early on Weds). They were not amused finding those parcels this morning, and neither am I.
Ive requested over and over and over again that their delivery stay on my truck no matter what, but my dispatcher just wont/cant do that simple thing. WTF ever happened to caring about customer service first and foremost?

Since you're a ups guy I'll rant to you :D I can't for the life of me, get the ups guy to stop ringing the doorbell when he delivers packages. I get boxes atleast 3 times a week and he rings the doorbell Everytime and wakes me up. End rant.

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
Since you're a ups guy I'll rant to you :D I can't for the life of me, get the ups guy to stop ringing the doorbell when he delivers packages. I get boxes atleast 3 times a week and he rings the doorbell Everytime and wakes me up. End rant.
Unwire the doorbell? Lol

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Navy ship yard work... Might get a half ass mask and keep it wet is what your tolds

Anything related to nuclear contaminated stuff makes what you'retalking about childs play

Im running around gathering stuff to pull the engineout of my truck to re ring it

I did a Radiation Oncology Facility several years ago, one item in particular was a radiation pellet in an unmarked 5 gallon bucket, inside was sand and lead container with the pellet, I was asked several times by the electricians while doing some final hook ups to the machine what was in the bucket, uuhh, just leave it alone and do your job... (Varian HDR treatment)

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan

Put a small note next to the doorbell that says something like, "day sleeper, do not ring bell". I have a few people who work 3rds who do this. If that doesnt work, call customer service and request the driver be informed.

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Put a small note next to the doorbell that says something like, "day sleeper, do not ring bell". I have a few people who work 3rds who do this. If that doesnt work, call customer service and request the driver be informed.

My zone is a rollover zone or sometyhing I never get the same driver, i have a sign but I also have a huge ass no soliciting, no Bible thumping sign also so maybe they don't see it or dont care. So get a bigger sign :thumb: :D

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Out on the 550 ton today lifting a shit tank roof into place. The cleanest it will ever be haha. Roof was 55k lbs but a 200 foot reach.

Last edited:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
meh, ill get another dmax im sure. wanted to try something new.

That's what a guy says when he ditches his girlfriend to go love dudes. "I'll get another girlfriend soon I just wanted to try dudes..." :roflmao:

All joking aside I hope you get another dmax. Your lbz was the inspiration for me to lower mine. I loved the way that truck looked.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
:roflmao::roflmao:

I can honestly say though, this 6.7 tows way better than any of my dmax' did, without overheating the engine oil, and better MPG to boot, but that's mute.

haha I do miss that truck sometimes, I'm surprised that engine is still alive.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
We had the dry-run for our daughter's pompon camp routines today, including getting the timing down for setting the props up for their senior kick routine.
We've only got one minute to set out two backdrops, two tables and 5 chairs. Everything went off without a hitch.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
:roflmao::roflmao:

I can honestly say though, this 6.7 tows way better than any of my dmax' did, without overheating the engine oil, and better MPG to boot, but that's mute.

haha I do miss that truck sometimes, I'm surprised that engine is still alive.

Probably does, keep in mind the Duramax is a baby compared the Industrial Grandpa Cummins, my uncle worked on the Cummins 545 combinations. The only good thing good about a Cummins is when their in front of an Allison and not in a Dodge...:woott:

When I first read about a Cummins in a Dodge truck mated to a 727 Torqflite, now that was pretty stupid....

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
The main reason cummins generally suck in today's market is because the engineers struggle to design a reliable dpf/def/enviro system for them. We have 1MW generators at work that have cummins motors and almost every issue they have is related to the environmental shit they've got strapped to them. Some of our company trucks have cummins and almost anytime one of those trucks come to visit my area they end up in the Dodge Garage getting def/dpf worked on (I can count at least 5 times that's happened anf we've only got maybe 10 trucks with those motors). John Deere on the other hand has figured it out pretty quickly and some of our compressors that use their engines are practically bullet proof. I'll stick to my old oil burner until it completely gives up lol

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Probably does, keep in mind the Duramax is a baby compared the Industrial Grandpa Cummins, my uncle worked on the Cummins 545 combinations. The only good thing good about a Cummins is when their in front of an Allison and not in a Dodge...:woott:

When I first read about a Cummins in a Dodge truck mated to a 727 Torqflite, now that was pretty stupid....

Im not too concerned. it has a warranty till 100k. Im not too impressed with the 68, but it is what it is. Cant win them all.