What did you do at work today?

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
picture.php
picture.php
Prepped a pig for lunch tomorrow:D. Finished up 2 200KW QSB-7 Cummins Tier 3 Gensets.
I wish the gensets I run into were always that pretty lol. The big work horses never stay nice when they're always on rent

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN
Got this big girl ready to lift some heavy stuff 300 feet away next week. Burned through a gallon of wax. Im beat. This is the largest crane in Arizona.
What's the lifting capacity of something like that? I'm not too familiar with names/brands but we had a crane out on one of my jobs a few months ago that lifted 30k lbs at roughly 280ft. That thing was massssive, I believe it was a 650. Thay kind of stuff is necessary though when the plant decides to build new construction around your equipment that needs overhauled every 3 years or so

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Best get yours in so they can have someone there who can build them performance transmissions

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
What's the lifting capacity of something like that? I'm not too familiar with names/brands but we had a crane out on one of my jobs a few months ago that lifted 30k lbs at roughly 280ft. That thing was massssive, I believe it was a 650. Thay kind of stuff is necessary though when the plant decides to build new construction around your equipment that needs overhauled every 3 years or so

It's a 450 ton. Right now in our current configuration were good to lift about 15k lbs on a single line pull at 400'

Last edited:

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
I wish the gensets I run into were always that pretty lol. The big work horses never stay nice when they're always on rent

This is true Lol I prepped this 1750KW 3516 CAT Rental for painting a couple weeks ago. It was sitting around cz it was too ugly to rent out...now its sitting again cz it got put on the back burner. Spent a whole day on a precarious step ladder with a hot pressure washer peeling the old yellow paint off with a turbo nozzle. That was a very fun, dry job!:mad: Oh well the rose comes with a few thorns. Mounted this Tier 4 QSL-9 on its trailer today. Thankfully I didn't have to do the wiring:thumb:
picture.php
picture.php

lil bleur

Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Those mechanical gauges are just for a quick glance, cat displays are on the flybridge. Those C-32's are fun to run up.
I bet! I have no experience with boat engines, but I know that the Guascor 56L Bio-Gas engines I've overhauled are fun. They were only 1MW at the max though. Still 1430hp on Spark Plugs...running off cow manure... isn't too bad:D.

aldenrichie

Dec 26, 2015
Covington, TN

This is true Lol I prepped this 1750KW 3516 CAT Rental for painting a couple weeks ago. It was sitting around cz it was too ugly to rent out...now its sitting again cz it got put on the back burner. Spent a whole day on a precarious step ladder with a hot pressure washer peeling the old yellow paint off with a turbo nozzle. That was a very fun, dry job!:mad: Oh well the rose comes with a few thorns. Mounted this Tier 4 QSL-9 on its trailer today. Thankfully I didn't have to do the wiring:thumb:
picture.php
picture.php
From everything I've been hearing the tier 4 and 4i Cummins are junk. I get bits and pieces of opinions from the generator techs at work. That 1750 is massive haha. We've got a few 2Megs (essentially 2-1000kw gens shoved into a container) floating around but I've never set eyes on one. I think they're primarily used in power projects overseas.
Most of our bigger demands use a few gensets in a loadsharing configuration. Easier to fit in tight places that way.
Also, turbo nozzles are an incredible invention hahaha

lil bleur

Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Lol Yeh the Tier 4s suck to build if nothing else. All the after treatment junk adds a decent chunk of labor to a unit compared to a Tier 3. We figure 120-160hrs to build a Tier 3 Cummins Stud Welder vs. 250-300 for a Tier 4. Come 2017 and we'll only get to do the Tier 4s:(. We are checking into maybe going to a Deer 6.8L Tier 4, but its gonna be awhile till we actually build one. Hope they don't make me engineer the Unit. I'm bald enough Lol
From everything I've been hearing the tier 4 and 4i Cummins are junk. I get bits and pieces of opinions from the generator techs at work. That 1750 is massive haha. We've got a few 2Megs (essentially 2-1000kw gens shoved into a container) floating around but I've never set eyes on one. I think they're primarily used in power projects overseas.
Most of our bigger demands use a few gensets in a loadsharing configuration. Easier to fit in tight places that way.
Also, turbo nozzles are an incredible invention hahaha

Last edited: