What did you do at work today?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Yesterday I spent about 12hrs revising a grading plan due to site conditions being considerably different than anticipated/designed around. Had to have the revision complete for a meeting with the client & contractor today.

After discussing it today. I'll be revising it again & it'll change again as more area is uncovered.

FWIW, I'm the project mgr for the consulting engineering firm that did the design (me also) & is doing the cqa (what I'm managing now) on this project. This project is a landfill cap/closure.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
I wish the gensets I run into were always that pretty lol. The big work horses never stay nice when they're always on rent

This is true Lol I prepped this 1750KW 3516 CAT Rental for painting a couple weeks ago. It was sitting around cz it was too ugly to rent out...now its sitting again cz it got put on the back burner. Spent a whole day on a precarious step ladder with a hot pressure washer peeling the old yellow paint off with a turbo nozzle. That was a very fun, dry job!:mad: Oh well the rose comes with a few thorns. Mounted this Tier 4 QSL-9 on its trailer today. Thankfully I didn't have to do the wiring:thumb:
picture.php
picture.php

Some of the stuff I'm around .... obviously in not hauling the big one. .. took the little guy in the picture
13265975_10208585919179009_535514061349520958_n.jpg

lil bleur

Its all good until..BOOM!
Oct 6, 2015
York PA
Some of the stuff I'm around .... obviously in not hauling the big one. .. took the little guy in the picture
13265975_10208585919179009_535514061349520958_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]They are nice units! Those two QSB-7 units I had pictured earlier are for Hotfoil, not sure if any of you pipeline people recognize that name or not...I believe they are a company that specializes in stress relieving welds on the pipelines. I know some of our units have gone to North Dakota, because we had two units that overspend and creamed the windings. The crankcase vent froze shut and pushed oil out the turbo seals into the intake. Originally they were going to Texas so that was the last thing on our minds when we designed them Lol.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
This isn't my work obviously, but I thought it should go here. Contractor that I sub to had the space shuttle's fuel take go by near his house. They were moving it from Marina del Rey to the Science Center in Los Angeles this morning.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
This isn't my work obviously, but I thought it should go here. Contractor that I sub to had the space shuttle's fuel take go by near his house. They were moving it from Marina del Rey to the Science Center in Los Angeles this morning.

I saw that on my local news all the way in NC.

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
This is cool that it is being seen nationwide. The space program, I think is something that made this nation strong and brought it together. I had a high school friend whose dad worked at Hughes. I got to see a lot of VIP shuttle landings at Edwards Air force base. If you have never seen the shuttle launch or land, TV does nothing for it.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Mechanical contractor,entech sales and service. Chiller overhauls,fans,etc

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Yeah we rent chillers and generators,i don't work on that side

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk