What did you do at work today?

ironmax

chock full of goodies
Jul 6, 2010
Col. Ohio
Yes, the old drain was shot after 60 yrs. We are just tearing out, and pouring the concrete back. Plumbers are installing the drain. They tried to set this up as multiple phases, which would have spanned over 2 months. I proposed the road plate cover, and we can do it in 2 weeks while never disturbing there service capabilities.

Reactions: Pure Diesel

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
Built frac equipment. Went home and now the boss and I are on a frac flushing and greasing valves. In this instance I’m the boss and he is the hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Replaced the leaking and corroded copper pipe for a shower that was only installed approximately one year ago by a drunken plumber. Looks like he couldn't get the solder to take because a small drip of water coming out of the pipe. Gave up and threw a sharkbite valve on it and a cap at the bottom. Along with the leaks there was excessive flux corrosion too. I don't know how this guy got paid for this sloppy job. If you know how to solder properly then a small drip leaking past the shut off valve is not that hard to deal with. Had all the crap removed and new copper soldered in in under an hour.

Tomorrow I get to start putting the shower wall back together when it's dry

Before
IMG_20210331_181657.jpg
After
IMG_20210331_181753.jpg

Pure Diesel

Randsburg Drifter
Apr 22, 2008
So. Cal.
That guy used enough solder for the whole house. Nice joints yourself and for wiping them too.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Took a new job. I never was very happy doing small dirt job and really miss the big dirt jobs I did in Socal. There just ain't that scale of work here in SE Texas. I got turned onto one of the few companies that moves a lot of dirt in this area. Nice to really enjoy coming to work again. My crew came with me and is pretty happy too.

Got a new dozer today with a winch. Never had one before...been trying to find something to try it out on without looking like I'm just totally fucking around.

Attachments

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Good luck with your new job Dozer, new jobs always make me nervous. Hope it all works out well. So far it looks like you are off to a good start

jlawles2

Jan 27, 2010
Danbury, TX
Dozer, about the most dirt work you will find in SE texas is probably road construction right now. Houston to TexArkana is huge highway project. Outside of that, timber companies fixing really really screwed up logging roads. Now that could be fun and might require that winch to get you out of some of the slop holes those guys make.

If you ended up in one of the lignite mines they move lots of dirt for getting to the stuff, then its on to reclamation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)