What are you paying for Diesel in your area?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
"if you would all buy an $80k electric vehicle you wouldn't complain so much about the cost of fuel" - Brandon
You mean the one's that are limited on range and load, Have to be charged at night when we are relying on Fossil fuels, and the batteries currently have no way to be disposed of so we have to pay 3rd world countries to store them in old WW2 bunkers???

Sounds like an Excellent way to line some ones pocket. Sign me up!!!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
You mean the one's that are limited on range and load, Have to be charged at night when we are relying on Fossil fuels, and the batteries currently have no way to be disposed of so we have to pay 3rd world countries to store them in old WW2 bunkers???

yep, those are the ones.

in my jetta TDI, I can drive 700 miles a tank only stopping a few minutes for the bladder. in an electric car I'd probably have to stop at least three times for an hour each adding three hours more to the trip. since I don't have any way to charge at work, all of the charging would be done at home, like you said at night when solar doesn't work, adding to the electric bill. add that cost to the cost of the car and it sure would buy a lot of fuel. even at todays prices I'd be able to drive 500k+ miles before I broke even

Reactions: SmokeShow

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

From my understanding the batteries can be recycled...

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
yep, those are the ones.

in my jetta TDI, I can drive 700 miles a tank only stopping a few minutes for the bladder. in an electric car I'd probably have to stop at least three times for an hour each adding three hours more to the trip. since I don't have any way to charge at work, all of the charging would be done at home, like you said at night when solar doesn't work, adding to the electric bill. add that cost to the cost of the car and it sure would buy a lot of fuel. even at todays prices I'd be able to drive 500k+ miles before I broke even
Ironically a guy at work wanted to get rid of his 21 MPG car for a something that gets 44 MPG... He thought the fuel savings would pay for itself. When I Showed him the math of the 2 vehicles making the same drive every week for 1 year. The savings was not even enough to make 1 month payment on said new vehicle. He was so defeated...

Remember People, sales men are not your friends. They are their to sell you something. It's how they make a living. The Same goes for politicians.

Non of them are starving to death or living on the streets. If they were, They likely would find another job....

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Look Deeper into the lithium batteries
I don't really care enough to dive into it too much unless you get some credible information for me. A quick Google search says that 95% of batteries are recycled nowadays. Tesla reports they recycle a 100% of their batteries. I don't have a dog in this fight. I just don't like BS talking points from either side.

Reactions: 08lmm72mm

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
From my understanding the batteries can be recycled...
Sorry I should have explained better. Currently it's too costly to recycle them here. It's cheaper to mine new minerals else where. For now, alot of it is being shipped over sea's. some of its being stored in ww2 era bunkers that we paid to convert and store these types of batteries due to there danger. They require foam suppression, air conditioning to regulate the temp, and they have to pull the moisture out of the air to keep them from corroding.

Reactions: Dozerboy

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
any part of the vehicle can be recycled. just depends on how much fossil fuels you want to consume to do it. not too many resources take less energy to recycle then refine new. Aluminum is one. batteries not not

GO0BER

Mar 10, 2022
$4.99 at some.. $5.50+ at others.. Seems to be dependent on how accessible the station is to big rigs.. The more accessible the more costly the fuel.

This is Phoenix Az

Pure Diesel

Apr 22, 2008
Ventura County
I'm standing while typing this because my azz is too sore to sit from this fill up. $275 :eek:for 45.11 gallons of a 52 gallon tank. 13.25 gallons @5.65/gal(Shell rewards points) and 31.86 gallons @ 6.15/gal. This will probably last about 2 to 2-1/2 weeks. And to think on January 26, 2021 I filled up for $190 for almost the same amount.

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Fuel prices are what they are, but it irritates the crap out of me having to swipe my card multiple times to get a full tank of fuel. I stopped at 1 place that cut me off at $50. I would of had to swipe my card like 4 times to get a full tank of fuel. I went inside to get my receipt because of course it wouldn't print, and let him know I'd be taking my business elsewhere.