What are the Leading Causes.....

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
x2 on changing it. then keeping an eye on it.

If you had green coolant and coolant in the oil the oil would turn milky. Dex-Cool doesnt do this though.

If the shaft seal is bad on the CP3 i would ask around at injection shops to see if they can get the seal. Somebody has to be able to get the seal. But who knows. Maybe its only something bosch can service.

And if the thicking sounds like its coming from #1 its probably comiong from one of the 8. The way noises resonate through the block makes it impossible to tell. If you think an injector is knocking shut them off 1 by one with EFI live. If theres still a ticking then its just the normal duramax tick.

Krazykid

<-Daily Thought Process
Nov 22, 2008
Upstate, SC
x2 on changing it. then keeping an eye on it.

If you had green coolant and coolant in the oil the oil would turn milky. Dex-Cool doesnt do this though.

If the shaft seal is bad on the CP3 i would ask around at injection shops to see if they can get the seal. Somebody has to be able to get the seal. But who knows. Maybe its only something bosch can service.

And if the thicking sounds like its coming from #1 its probably comiong from one of the 8. The way noises resonate through the block makes it impossible to tell. If you think an injector is knocking shut them off 1 by one with EFI live. If theres still a ticking then its just the normal duramax tick.

Vinny,

Thanks for the explanation, I will be changing the oil soon so I will keep an eye on it. Turning the injectors off one by one with EFI, how long can you keep it off for and will that hurt anything?

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Vinny,

Thanks for the explanation, I will be changing the oil soon so I will keep an eye on it. Turning the injectors off one by one with EFI, how long can you keep it off for and will that hurt anything?

just turn it off long enough for you to do your diagnosis, it wont harm it. If all of your injectors/cylinders are in good running condition you wont even hardly know you turned one off. But if you have a big compression loss in a cylinder or something it will be very noticeable.