Well it looks like I need a clutch.

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
... I will not pull at my home town pull this year either.:mad:
Not even sure if I will make Schieds now. ...

That sucks. I am not pulling at your home-town pull either this year, but I was going to make the run over there to watch you.....guess I get to hit the honey-do list instead....:(

If you don't make Schieds, maybe you could sweet talk Gene into an invitation to the Indy Jamboree in mid-Sept. Fingers and I are thinking about going to that instead of Schieds....

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Yep!

I had to go to Sears and by a new floor jack thought my old blew up trying to raise the truck one last time.:rofl:

Now to put the trans in.:baby:

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
hope all goes well John!!! You should stop by the westmoreland pull tomarrow night to test it out then you can just continue on to schied:cool:!!!

good luck
Caleb

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You'll be terrorizing the pulling track in no time! I'm looking forward to seeing some videos of it dragging the sled with all the recent upgrades.

ceb0217

Aug 9, 2008
corvallis oregon
I will be putting my sbc in soon do i need to get the bolts for the fly wheel to crank and if so should i get them at the dealer or another place??? oh ya and how bout torque spec and any other help for a home mechanic???? thanks

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
I will be putting my sbc in soon do i need to get the bolts for the fly wheel to crank and if so should i get them at the dealer or another place??? oh ya and how bout torque spec and any other help for a home mechanic???? thanks
On my double I just reused the stock bolts. Torqued to 125ftlbs. But it was not a SBC. My triple came with new bolts.

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
No Scheids for me!

Well my clutch slave cylinder just exploded!:banghead:
I already have the trans back out. I have another slave cylinder here but I am tired of F'ing with it. I need to tear the entire clutch off and clean everything and then put it back together.:eek:

Good news is my stack finally got here and it looks sweet!:)

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Sorry to hear john, it i'll all come together, hopefully soon!

Is the peddlethat hadr to push or was it just time for it to die?

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Pedal pushed easy. I was holding the clutch in and heard the splat!:rofl: Got out and there was fluid leaking out of the bellhousing. :banghead:

I just took a break from it and now heading back into the garage.:)