Well it looks like I need a clutch.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
At least a pressure plate. I was putting the clutch back on today so Sean and I could put the motor back in tonight. I noticed the plate had cracks!:eek: I called Haisleys and talked to them about it. The said do not put it back together! The rest of the clutch looks fine. They are going to try and track me down a new pressure plate. Stinks.

I have been on the fence if I needed a triple disk or not. Well I may not have a choice now.:(

Attachments

• IMGP0700.jpg
    IMGP0700.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMGP0701.jpg
    IMGP0701.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 37

dmaxlover

Mar 17, 2007
WI
One of the guys I pull with up here in WI can't get any clutch to last. He is running a full built motor with a zf6.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I would never buy a clutch other than a SBC. They custom made me a six puck fully FE disk for my 03 6.0 PSD when they first came out and it worked great for about 40,000 miles. Then it stated to slip and they told me to go to the dealer and get a single mass fw for a f550 and pressure plate becuase they wanted me to get rid of the dual mass thing I had (it was the only option they could make me when I got the truck because it was so new) and send me a new custom disk that was worth $1100. He said he would give me a killer deal and I'm thinking...oh gheez. He asked for my adress and told me to have a nice day....I was like WTF....what about my CC info. And he said...oh there won't be any charge for this sir. Long story short, I didn't even have to pay the shipping or send the old one back....in fact for $180 I can have the old one re-lined and it would be like new. SBC all the way:cool2:

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Good move John. Congrats on the upgrade :D :rofl:.
You and Peter know I am not a big SBC fan. But after talking with him he assured me that they ahve gotten much better since last I messed with one. Maybe even some :secret: in mine that Peter wants to try.

I am exitced. My trans might not be.

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
Keep us posted on how it holds and drives. Peter told me a few days ago it was really streetable. I'd like to try one but my DD is holding great still.

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
Think you'll be back together in time for Crawford? Only 9 days I think....:eek:
Well there is problem with my clutch. It is still in South Bend.:( I will not pull at my home town pull this year either.:mad:
Not even sure if I will make Schieds now. If it where to ship Monday I would have it Thursday. I am kind off miffed. When I ordered the clutch I was under the understanding it was in stock and I would have it for the weekend.

My luck with SBC is not getting better.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
That really stinks John, Is there any good reason for the hold up? Both of my clutches i had within three days of ordering direct from peter?

JOHNBOY

Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
That really stinks John, Is there any good reason for the hold up? Both of my clutches i had within three days of ordering direct from peter?

I have a different pressure plate. Mine is weighted. First one they have ever done according to Peter. I thought it was in stock. I am guessing there was a problem and they just wanted to make sure it was right before I got it.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I have a different pressure plate. Mine is weighted. First one they have ever done according to Peter. I thought it was in stock. I am guessing there was a problem and they just wanted to make sure it was right before I got it.

Crap :( You can't catch a break.