Ways to do an oil system flush

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Other than changing the oil every couple hundred miles what would be the best way to flush out the oil system? My water pump failed and is leaking water into the block. Oil is mixed with water pretty good but not sludge.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I would just do a drain and fill. Let it run for 5/10 seconds. Let it sit if there’s any water it should be at the bottom. Drain off a little oil. Fill it and go get it hot 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 2004LB7

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
BG has some decent stuff. EPR is a cleaner meant to go in with your old engine oil, ran for 15 min or so at idle, then drain and put new in. Pulls a lot of the junk out

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
Put a quart or 2 of diesel in It and drive it around the block a few times.

That’s what I’ve done on countless engines and it’s never killed one. Started that on tractors years and years ago.

Shit LB7s do it all the time.
Was worried about the seals but didnt think about them ol’ #7’s 😂

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Put a quart or 2 of diesel in It and drive it around the block a few times.

That’s what I’ve done on countless engines and it’s never killed one. Started that on tractors years and years ago.

Shit LB7s do it all the time.
Back in my day we would dump a quart of kerosene in it to clean it out 😁

Speaking of which, didn't the people who tore down their engines after have the injectors make oil say they where some of the cleanest internals they ever seen?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Back in my day we would dump a quart of kerosene in it to clean it out 😁

Speaking of which, didn't the people who tore down their engines after have the injectors make oil say they where some of the cleanest internals they ever seen?

Not Kidding an lb7 that has made oil will be the cleanest oil you’ve ever changed and the cleanest diesel you’ve seen inside.

Reactions: TheBac and 2004LB7