Water Pump

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I’ve heard tell of a new updated Water pump for the Lly that’s plastic on the impeller side and flows 20% more
Does anyone have a part number?
Can anyone point me in the right direction 3rd pump now on my truck that’s pouring out the weephole
Welded just isn’t cutting it anymore

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I know there are people out there modifying LBZ water pumps to fit the LLY, but I haven't seen a factory replacement with a plastic impeller. I'm curious to see what comes out here. If you can't find one that is available off the shelf, I know SoCal sells what I described.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
On the phone with Tom now:D
Got transferred to Eric
And modded LBZ pump is on the way!
Great customer service Mark!:thumb:
So now just time will tell lol
I was getting 20-30k out of the last WP

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
As said above, get the Danville/DHD/SoCal plastic style pump. It is a 2006+ OEM pump and cover with the LB7/LLY barb welded onto it.

gmc502

Jan 16, 2011
Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I’ve heard tell of a new updated Water pump for the Lly that’s plastic on the impeller side and flows 20% more
Does anyone have a part number?
Can anyone point me in the right direction 3rd pump now on my truck that’s pouring out the weephole
Welded just isn’t cutting it anymore

if you are referencing what Paint posted in my waterpump thread, he was pulling everyones leg

there is no direct drop in plastic impeller pump i know of coming out.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I'm curious about that. How long are your pumps lasting?

Sent from my Note 9

20-30 out of the two that were welded
My suspicion was confirmed by Eric @Danville
When welding the gear to shaft in order to get a proper weld it just puts to much heat on the shaft seal
So even though I had it soaked in water up to top when I tig welded it I guess it was just still just to much
Thankfully they were all warranted napa ones so it only cost me $140 3 years ago but now it’s time to bite the bullet and get a good one

Mark went through a couple pinned and welded style pumps in White Lightening. Decided to try the plastic factory pump and never had an issue. I have yet to have a call for a warranty on the plastic style design. So far so good. I also know Socal will be introducing a relief system that should help the drastic pressure change (not sure on ETA). Constant step in the right direction.

[email protected]
317-745-8587

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
i know and that doucher never did come back to say he was kidding. If he didnt live 14 hours away, id kick him in the nuts for ya :roflmao:

Haha 10-4 thanks for getting the facts straight James
I really wish I had the funds set aside to get into a 17-18’
Working in the shop now I don’t get to drive the work truck everyday so putting miles on the Lly and she’s showing her age