Wash off Trans fluid

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
So I had a Fleece line wear through and give out while I was driving home the other day and it bathed the entire undercarriage in trans fluid, leaving just enough fluid to get me home. So when I get the new line in, I want to wash off all the fluid. what works? it's even on the rear bumper and tailgate.

Let the ideas fly. I will run it through the car wash and do the "undercarriage wash" but if that doesn't work, need ideas.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Just hit it with a hot water pressure washer with a low pressure tip. That atf will help wayyy more than it will,ever hurt.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I would just leave it it's not like it got solvent in it or anything that's gonna damage anything. My trucks all regularly get diesel and oil baths then stuff gets spilled in the bed. And with my drag up tank in the back I wouldn't be surprised if I haven't had 100 gallons of diesel run down the undercarriage of my truck. There's been a few times I've been worried about the brake pads soaking it up but I've never noticed a problem yet.

Reactions: fajitatone

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
so I'm just gonna use a bunch of old rags to wipe off as much as I can, spray the rotors to be sure they're clean and then wash the rest of the truck. It's all over the tailgate and rear bumper. Fleece line was rubbing on center link and finally gave way. I will cinch up the lines better next time.
I'm an idiot.

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
ATF is mineral oil based. It acts as a solvent, which means it will take the carbon based undercoating off your frame.
it did up by the frame horn where I had a leaking fitting from the Fleece kit. Doesn't leak any more, but now there is clean frame. What can I repair that with?