VGT solenoid pigtail connector

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm having trouble finding one of these other than from the aftermarket, and I've had too much bad luck with aftermarket connectors. Does anyone know of a quality connector for the VGT solenoid? I tried GM, and you have to buy an engine harness to get one. Thanks.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Try ford. It is the same connector as a 6.0 powerstroke vgt actuator. Pretty sure ford offers it separately.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Try ford. It is the same connector as a 6.0 powerstroke vgt actuator. Pretty sure ford offers it separately.

I already tried because I actually need it for a Ford, but they only sell the version with the little plastic tabs on the side. I want the same style the Duramax uses with the steel wire. The plastic tabs always seem to break off when you try to remove them; I guess the heat from the turbine housing makes the plastic brittle.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Yeah they don't last. I keep some old 7.3L injector pigtails cut from valve cover gaskets to use in a pinch. They have the metal clip but no rubber seal.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Yeah they don't last. I keep some old 7.3L injector pigtails cut from valve cover gaskets to use in a pinch. They have the metal clip but no rubber seal.

This ^^ works well

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Josh, I believe the ipr valve on a 6.0 has the same plug but with the wire clip. Might wanna see if Ford has that one available. The 6.7 also uses the same vgt plug but they're plastic and always break as said earlier.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Josh, I believe the ipr valve on a 6.0 has the same plug but with the wire clip. Might wanna see if Ford has that one available. The 6.7 also uses the same vgt plug but they're plastic and always break as said earlier.
I tried that. They list the same part number for that connector as the VGT solenoid pigtail which is plastic.