Vehicle cleaning and detailing.........

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
mods please move if need be as there is only one thread in the detail and appearance category. im currently in a dilemma its been a while since I showed the ole 06 some love and gave her a good clean up. I used to use a product called apple pro polish that I got from a local guy who honestly had the best product ive personally used. it was a waterless cleaner that could be used on paint, glass, wheels basically anything on the vehicle and never hurt finishes best product ive ever used and the gentleman passed away last year in December of 2018. it had uva uvb and all sorts or cleaners and wetting agents he had a chemist make it for him and honestly had something I tried to get him to push the product but he wasn't really big on being big time just loved his customers and staying local and small. ive never used water on truck however due to the polish which also never left swirls and scratches he taught me his technique with the polish I used it for 12 years. now im having to go back to using water and soap cause it cant get the polish any more. what is the best soap, best soap applicator and filter setup for hard water and wax interior detailer etc any help will be greatly appreciated thanks :thumb:

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal
I can't say it's the best every created, but Chemical Guys makes great products. I use the soaps, wax, and VRP or natural shine on the interior. The foam cannons are great if you have a pressure washer, but just get the cheap one from Amazon, Chemical Guys and Adams are the same one with a sticker.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I’m not a fan of waterless washes my trucks get pretty dirty though. Their is no best product any main stream product will do the job. I use Mothers gold soap since I can get it locally. Your process is what’s important. Tons of videos on YouTube. I use a 2 bucket wash method. If you want to spend money get a foam canon. That’s the new hot thing for washing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
"Appearance and Detailing" it is.....:rofl:

make that two threads in that category :rofl: thanks tom :thumb:

Has anyone used a inline filter to reduce or eliminate water spots. anyone used f11 top coat. I was just voicing my opinion on the apple polish sure there might be better stuff out there but you'd be hard pressed to show me otherwise .that stuff was amazing you could clean tv flat screens phones boats planes etc with this stuff or anything and never have streaks or swirls or scratches it was the best ive ever used. my wife even would hide it from me to use on the mirrors in the house be cause of how well it worked. :thumb: but just like any good product it is always short lived and then gone atleast that's my luck

snowman22

Jan 30, 2018
SoCal

Has anyone used a inline filter to reduce or eliminate water spots. anyone used f11 top coat. I was just voicing my opinion on the apple polish sure there might be better stuff out there but you'd be hard pressed to show me otherwise .that stuff was amazing you could clean tv flat screens phones boats planes etc with this stuff or anything and never have streaks or swirls or scratches it was the best ive ever used. my wife even would hide it from me to use on the mirrors in the house be cause of how well it worked. :thumb: but just like any good product it is always short lived and then gone atleast that's my luck

F11 hasn't impressed me in the past.

I use nonsense from chemical guys diluted it with distilled water and it doesn't leave any streaks. My wife uses it for everything I think at this point.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I’m not really sure why it matters, but there are 64 pages of threads in the Appearance and Detailing forum going back to 2008.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ECCD3E08-51DB-41D4-BE04-92ABEEA017E8.jpg
    ECCD3E08-51DB-41D4-BE04-92ABEEA017E8.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 117

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

I've used F11 and it isn't bad but doesn't give enough benefit for the $$. I've been the most happy with Adam's Buttery wax on my black LB7 as it gives the best shine. It requires it to be reapplied often (I was doing once a month or sooner if it was a big rain storm). The truck will be getting ceramic coated before next winter so it should be less of an issue.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

You want a Deionized water filter. DI filter ain’t cheap, but they are pretty cool. I can’t justify them for my house. I just wash my truck in the shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robby Avery

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Jul 31, 2008
Norman Park, Georgia
I’m not really sure why it matters, but there are 64 pages of threads in the Appearance and Detailing forum going back to 2008.

attachment.php

josh it must be my computer cause when I clicked on it the other night it literally only had one thread present like the others had been deleted or removed ill see if I can get a screen shot and post it

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
https://detailingconnect.com/produc...WrbzRMQzkZeNOAxotuaSC4W96QCSCnsxoCCBQQAvD_BwE

Has anyone ever used one of these to clean their interior. I watched a professional detailer use one to detail a buddies truck. it was unbelievable.

I’m a detailing geek and wouldn’t buy one for personal use unless I got a used one at a hell of a deal. They’re ok and seem to really shine on filthy vehicles, but not needed if you regularly do wipe downs. Remember vaporizing cleaning agents and dirt in a confined space and breathing it in isn’t the best idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk