Unknown tunes want to go back to stock California LBZ tune

mason61

Apr 7, 2023
Southern California
Hey guys I just bought an LBZ with a 10 position switch and a bunch of unknown tunes and I want to go back to stock so I can put what I want and know into the truck. Would it be better to go to the dealer and have them reflash it or is this something I can do if I buy efi live because I would rather put the money into that for future use. Things I’ve read on many forums seem to contradict eachother.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
If the truck was tuned with EFI Live then you may be able to return it back to stock but there may be segments that a tuner was able to modify with cax files that may possibly remain. Same for canned tuners or tuning from other platforms. Efi Live will only return the portion it access's and modifies.

Your best bet is to have the dealership or someone with a tech2 to reflash it to stock. Then you'll know that all the segments are stock and nothing left behind

mason61

Apr 7, 2023
Southern California
If the truck was tuned with EFI Live then you may be able to return it back to stock but there may be segments that a tuner was able to modify with cax files that may possibly remain. Same for canned tuners or tuning from other platforms. Efi Live will only return the portion it access's and modifies.

Your best bet is to have the dealership or someone with a tech2 to reflash it to stock. Then you'll know that all the segments are stock and nothing left behind
Thanks I’ll probably just bring it to the dealer. Is the Tech2 something I can do myself the dealer wants $450 and id rather put that towards a nicer scanner than kiss it goodbye.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I couldn't imagine having a 10 position switch.
It's probably not really 10 different tumes. More then likely it's 5 that repeat. Probably couldn't find the right 5 position or didn't want to pay for one and used what was on hand

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
If the switch has the indexing ring removed, or re indexed, it can have 10 positions. A dsp5 file will only use the first 5, though. Years ago I indexed mine to have only 3 tunes. Tow, street, race. Used dsp1 & 2 only (in the file there are 1 thru 4 dsp's plus the base tune = 5).

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

mason61

Apr 7, 2023
Southern California
Yeah i don’t want the switch at all im not a fan of it i like the plug in tuners personally i’ll update with how it goes when i bring it to the dealer this week

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
If the switch has the indexing ring removed, or re indexed, it can have 10 positions. A dsp5 file will only use the first 5, though. Years ago I indexed mine to have only 3 tunes. Tow, street, race. Used dsp1 & 2 only (in the file there are 1 thru 4 dsp's plus the base tune = 5).

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
This my thought exactly, that someone removed/lost the index or "finger" ring to set the number of positions.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Hey guys I just bought an LBZ with a 10 position switch and a bunch of unknown tunes and I want to go back to stock so I can put what I want and know into the truck. Would it be better to go to the dealer and have them reflash it or is this something I can do if I buy efi live because I would rather put the money into that for future use. Things I’ve read on many forums seem to contradict eachother.
If you want to send me the ECM I can flash it back to stock for you, I have a bench harness.