Unfortunate circumstances....

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
So i have taken 2 weeks off for the birth of my boy and today was payday. SO i go in to grab my check and i am notified i am no longer employed at the dealership..... The anaheim hills dealer closed down and they were pulling some techs from there to the buena park shop. I was notified that i had less seniority compared to the other techs so i was part of the group to be cut.

So, simpson in buena park no longer has a diesel tech. i had lined up a weeks worth of work just from my time off but it looks like i won't be sending them that way. So, if i set up an appointment with you. You will be getting a call from me to reschedule.

More to come later.

Thanks for reading.

BigRedHD

SO CAL DIESEL TRUCKS
May 27, 2008
INGLEWOOD,CA
so i have taken 2 weeks off for the birth of my boy and today was payday. So i go in to grab my check and i am notified i am no longer employed at the dealership..... The anaheim hills dealer closed down and they were pulling some techs from there to the buena park shop. I was notified that i had less seniority compared to the other techs so i was part of the group to be cut.

So, simpson in buena park no longer has a diesel tech. I had lined up a weeks worth of work just from my time off but it looks like i won't be sending them that way. So, if i set up an appointment with you. You will be getting a call from me to reschedule.

More to come later.

Thanks for reading.

that sucks bro let me know if you need help with anything.

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
thanks guys.

My amazement comes from the volume of work i brought in to that dealer. I paid for advertisement on DP which got the ball rolling for my stewietuned gig and it pulled work from other dealers over there. I as well as everyone i have talked to feel it was a huge mistake for them but oh well what can ya do? I'm headin out for a while. Talk to you all tonight.

beach_33

Feb 18, 2008
des moines, IA
thats allright man you probably wherent looking for a job when you found that one. so you will have no problem finding one know that you wil be looking

Turbotug

BEER SLAYER
Sep 3, 2006
Phoenix
Bad timing for sure.

But as I've always said, Tool boxes have wheels for a reason, keep them well lubed..;)

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
Thanks for the replies guys.

Pat - i didn't even get a cigar, but what i do have is some chocolate cigars :)

I have options right now with a few places, i have a few people that "know" people so i will just see what happens with that. I am extremely confident i can find another job within a very timely matter.

My gripe is of the situation. I have gone above and beyond what is expected of a technician. I did a form of advertising, i handled the customer relations before and after the job, and i completed the diagnosis and repair. I did this to provide myself with more work as well as try to build a customer base. I basicly had all that shoved back at me while on leave for the birth of my son. i find this incredibly ridiculous but it shows what kind of a dealer they are.

I bought 3 vehicles while working there. ALL of which have been purchased from other dealers. I gave Simpson the first shot when buying my vehicles. What does it mean when you can get a quote from your dealer that you work at then go to a different one and get more for your trade in and more off the sticker?

I have a few ideas on what i will do next. I think one day i would like to have my own shop. I have worked hard with "stewie tuned" to create a customer base and will continue. I will take this customer base with me to my next dealership and we'll see how things go.

Thanks guys.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Sorry to hear this Greg. I went through this long time ago when I worked for a dealership. Stop by monday, I have some ideas.

hogdoghd

Adrenalin Junkie
Jun 24, 2008
Oxford, Ohio
That sucks man but you know what they say; Thats why they put wheels on our tool boxes to role em to the next job! Funk-em, it'll hurt them in the long run! Good luck

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I started out with talking to mike L and I left there ready to get some things lined up and get me back going again. it's always nice to talk to someone that truly loves what they do and i can only hope i come away with something similar.

I have a meeting tomorrow morning with which i hope to be the start of another great day. I researched some dealers and found one i really like so i will have my game face on. It's a little further then i originally had hoped but hapiness is key for me.

On another note, saturday, my wife, son and I lined up a sweet condo that we will be moving into in the coming weeks. I'm real excited about all the new things to come our way.

More details later once i get things lined up.

I appreciate the calls and messages i have received. it really opens your eyes to see how many people really care.

Thanks !

Mar 27, 2008
Sheridan, IN.
Soory to hear this, as I know how it feels, its been my experience that when something like this happens, you usually end up ahead with a better job. Good luck and congrats on the boy!