Ultimate Callout Challenge ‘18

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I really dont/didnt like his attitude for the most part. Sort of like Wade and Hogue.
Had no idea some of you guys held him in such regard. Thats interesting to me. My apologies to you for my crassness.

I read that Merchant and Burkhard are both entered? That would make an interesting side-contest.

I think my days doing this are slowly coming to an end. I dont have as much patience for any of it as I used to.

No apologies needed Tom. I was just passing on my experience with him. I think some come off different on the net then they do in real life. At least I hope they do, cause some of them I want to choke out:D

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
The fact that they said Dimitri was a good racer is laughable that's what he's worst at, all he can do is throw down a big blip on the Dyno graph

Hes ran mid 9s. Now with his own parts and money idk. But still was able to get a duramax down the track.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I really dont/didnt like his attitude for the most part. Sort of like Wade and Hogue.
Had no idea some of you guys held him in such regard. Thats interesting to me. My apologies to you for my crassness.

I read that Merchant and Burkhard are both entered? That would make an interesting side-contest.

I think my days doing this are slowly coming to an end. I dont have as much patience for any of it as I used to.
I'm with you and your opinion Tom.
I don't apologize though........

I remember that time he was sprackin off over the net to Josh and called him out and Josh drove however many hours it was to see him face to face for a little tussle. Still laugh about that one.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Hes ran mid 9s. Now with his own parts and money idk. But still was able to get a duramax down the track.
Maybe but not many times and not consistently that's for sure.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Tom I’m sorry to hear you’re losing the “Diesel bug”
I’m sure a lot of it has to do with the fan base... it is sad though because when all the wise old guys leave we will be stuck with the Baca’s and Millard’s :/

Anyways back on topic:D
If Mark is lurking around on here I wonder how many trucks are tuned by him in the event? I saw he was a sponsor for Tony so I’m assuming that’s 1 :thumb:

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
They’re still doing these? Just give the trophy to Lavon and don’t waste anyone else’s time. :rofl:

Good luck to everyone from here. Hope all of your time and hard work pays off.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Tom I’m sorry to hear you’re losing the “Diesel bug”
I’m sure a lot of it has to do with the fan base... it is sad though because when all the wise old guys leave we will be stuck with the Baca’s and Millard’s :/

Anyways back on topic:D
If Mark is lurking around on here I wonder how many trucks are tuned by him in the event? I saw he was a sponsor for Tony so I’m assuming that’s 1 :thumb:
Think he told me 4 trucks.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Think he told me 4 trucks.

Luke is correct, I currently have Tony B. and Mike Graves in the UCC with Luke and Ryan Pini in the Qualifier. I'm hoping we can see a good showing for the Dmax this year. Unfortunately I'm right there with Tom these days, I've lost a lot of patience for the drama and bs in this industry. Any free time I have anymore is spent on personal stuff. I love what I do(making hp and drag racing) but the drama makes it not fun to deal with. I just got my truck out the other day to get ready for an event this coming weekend and it was the first time I had even touched or looked at it since October. Forgot how much fun it was to drive but I definitely didn't lose any sleep over it either.

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
That’s awesome Mark! Hope them boys show that the Duramax Platform is definitely a contender :driving:

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
Btw on the Drama... it’s everywhere now lol
I deal with it at work and all my hobbies! I blame Social media

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Luke is correct, I currently have Tony B. and Mike Graves in the UCC with Luke and Ryan Pini in the Qualifier. I'm hoping we can see a good showing for the Dmax this year. Unfortunately I'm right there with Tom these days, I've lost a lot of patience for the drama and bs in this industry. Any free time I have anymore is spent on personal stuff. I love what I do(making hp and drag racing) but the drama makes it not fun to deal with. I just got my truck out the other day to get ready for an event this coming weekend and it was the first time I had even touched or looked at it since October. Forgot how much fun it was to drive but I definitely didn't lose any sleep over it either.

I love the trucks and helping people go fast but as a whole the diesel industry has become a whored out bro fest of retartedness. It all about who on Facebook with a Premier account can sell parts the cheapest. Ive enjoyed getting into the car world racing the Hellcat. It’s been a breathe of fresh air and made the day to day diesel thing tolerable.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I love the trucks and helping people go fast but as a whole the diesel industry has become a whored out bro fest of retartedness. It all about who on Facebook with a Premier account can sell parts the cheapest. Ive enjoyed getting into the car world racing the Hellcat. It’s been a breathe of fresh air and made the day to day diesel thing tolerable.

You hit the nail on the head. Everybody things "Oh, if I sell parts I can be popular and maybe make a name for myself."

People today (general statement, nobody get butt hurt) wants to put in the time/effort to actually make it viable on an upstart. Sure there are those who actually care and want to help others but most new "diesel" shops are there just to help themselves build a truck once then never care.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana

Couldn't agree more bud!

You hit the nail on the head. Everybody things "Oh, if I sell parts I can be popular and maybe make a name for myself."

People today (general statement, nobody get butt hurt) wants to put in the time/effort to actually make it viable on an upstart. Sure there are those who actually care and want to help others but most new "diesel" shops are there just to help themselves build a truck once then never care.

No Doubt!!! Most of my calls these days seem to be people wanting us to clean up someone else's mess because they aren't happy with the end result and the people that created it won't give them the time of day once they got paid. Really makes me want to do something else honestly.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Couldn't agree more bud!

No Doubt!!! Most of my calls these days seem to be people wanting us to clean up someone else's mess because they aren't happy with the end result and the people that created it won't give them the time of day once they got paid. Really makes me want to do something else honestly.

I can imagine, I have that happen at our auto shop quite often in regards to other work being done. We had an LBZ in here that was diagnosed and "fixed" by another shop claiming it needed a CP3, EGR delete, and intake but yet the problem was solved. The truck would not build proper rail pressure hot and they didn't check the simple things first. At the end of the day the truck was returning WAY too much fuel from the injectors.

Moral of the story is keep doing what you're doing, the business needs people like yourself and Evan who actually know what they are talking about to save the people who think Longhorn Fab does the best tuning on the planet.

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
Agree 100% with everyone. I think this will be my last year messing with my truck. Probably sell this summer. The culture is just crap these days. I went to the ATS Gauntlet event and was incredibly dissapointed (even with low expectations to begin with). I don't blame people for moving on. I was apart of another small niche platform and it suffered the same fate (3000gt/stealth). World is a changing.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne

Nailed it. I don't care much about the performance side of my shop. It's the normal repairs that make us the money with a lot less head aches. With tax and overhead it's hard to push any parts now days.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Nailed it. I don't care much about the performance side of my shop. It's the normal repairs that make us the money with a lot less head aches. With tax and overhead it's hard to push any parts now days.

Exactly!!!

My favorite thing is "Well so and so sells it for $XX.XX online, I'll just go buy it from there". Its like go ahead, I've gotta make money to keep these lights on. My time and reputation to back the product I sell you comes at a price.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Yeah after I get the twins done and 12mm I'm done with my truck and like everyone else I'm moving on to the LS world

Diesels still make great tow riggs for LS powered hot rods.:D That's all mine is now, a slow, heavy pig that gets meh mileage. I'm going to try out the 2020 and if it fails to perform as well as my 2006 lbz I'm probably done entirely with them. The gas Riggs are just getting so much better I can't continue to justify it if they can't figure out the after treatments...

My 1500 LS is just soo much fun to drive and if I pop it, it's not 10k to fix it...