Ultimate Callout Challenge ‘18

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Lots of crap is going on with the qualifiers. They are now doing qualifier at more events that they put on. So if you miss Indy you can try in Utah. Seems like they are trying to get more trucks to other events using ucc

lutzjk913

May 5, 2010
groveport, ohio
Lots of crap is going on with the qualifiers. They are now doing qualifier at more events that they put on. So if you miss Indy you can try in Utah. Seems like they are trying to get more trucks to other events using ucc

More money for them basically

More publicity

More people showing up

MAXX IT OUT

<<<IT WORKS
Mar 1, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
The reason for Firepunks success at these events is they have done the hours and hours of testing before the event. So when they show up they know the truck has gone mid 8's regularly, and make the power they need for the dyno and sled pulls. They are not trying to pull off a one hit wonder and they know what it will do fairly consistently. It should be interesting with the sled pullers in the mix verses the past years everyone has be drag racers.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
The reason for Firepunks success at these events is they have done the hours and hours of testing before the event. So when they show up they know the truck has gone mid 8's regularly, and make the power they need for the dyno and sled pulls. They are not trying to pull off a one hit wonder and they know what it will do fairly consistently. It should be interesting with the sled pullers in the mix verses the past years everyone has be drag racers.

What pisses me off personally is how low-points the sled pull is. All events, in my opinion, should be equally weighted.

Last year the sled pull was very under-weighted as an event.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Yep that’s what the Dyno portion should be. Low points because who cares if you can put up big number if you can’t get it to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Yep that’s what the Dyno portion should be. Low points because who cares if you can put up big number if you can’t get it to the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean personally they should all be equally weighted. While the dyno event just shows you can load it hard on a dyno, track times and pull length are more important/more useful IMO.

Derick Rose was sooooooooooooo close to winning last year with a difference of only 40 points.

If Derick shows up in full force like last year I think he is an experienced contender.

Dmitri will be an interesting entry and will be hard to beat on the dyno since he has already put up the same numbers as Lavon and Shawn.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I mean personally they should all be equally weighted. While the dyno event just shows you can load it hard on a dyno, track times and pull length are more important/more useful IMO.

Derick Rose was sooooooooooooo close to winning last year with a difference of only 40 points.

If Derick shows up in full force like last year I think he is an experienced contender.

Dmitri will be an interesting entry and will be hard to beat on the dyno since he has already put up the same numbers as Lavon and Shawn.

The fact that they said Dimitri was a good racer is laughable that's what he's worst at, all he can do is throw down a big blip on the Dyno graph

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
The fact that they said Dimitri was a good racer is laughable that's what he's worst at, all he can do is throw down a big blip on the Dyno graph

Does he have any experience sled pulling?

I tried buying a used converter from him. When Goerend decided to sponsor me and the price of a new converter was ~$250 more than his used converter he got all sorts of pissed off and said "You don't deserve the converter. I'll give it to my little brother, he deserves it." It was funny.

Apparently don't make the joke that there is good money in transmissions, apparently some people can't take jokes.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I think you'll find that Mr. Millard (or SparkleBritches, as he's known here) doesnt have much of a fan club here, at least among the longer-tenured members.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Dimitri was nothing but nice to me when I meet him a several years ago. He was at Custom Auto and I stopped to have a look around. He spent a good hour showing me the shop but first he wanted to look at my truck before anything. It was a nice gesture as it was nothing special compared what he had. Anyhoo I know a few had bad dealings with him but there are always 2 sides to every story:thumb:

He’s also been a lot faster than most on here so i would say he’ll be ok lol.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I think you'll find that Mr. Millard (or SparkleBritches, as he's known here) doesnt have much of a fan club here, at least among the longer-tenured members.

I'd guess ~10 years would qualify as "longer tenured".

Dimitri always treated me, and my buddies, fine at events I attended. He was one of the few that offered to help the crew putting on the events, he promoted events for a local diesel club (he had no affiliation with the club, but sure brought the people (who paid gate fees) there), and offered assistance to other attendees.

As for UCC, I don't really care about the events anymore. I'd rather spend my time on the water.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I really dont/didnt like his attitude for the most part. Sort of like Wade and Hogue.
Had no idea some of you guys held him in such regard. Thats interesting to me. My apologies to you for my crassness.

I read that Merchant and Burkhard are both entered? That would make an interesting side-contest.

I think my days doing this are slowly coming to an end. I dont have as much patience for any of it as I used to.

WisconsinHick1

Mar 11, 2009
Minnesota
I'll be there routing on wait for it a Dodge. Josh Gruis of Jags Pro Truck Shop is a friend of mine and I'll be pulling for him to make another great showing this year. This will be my one and only year more than likely just because of all the B.S. surrounding it.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Dimitri is a two face shit talker. He doesn’t care about you, only if you will give him your money. He will talk shit behind your back the moment he can or finds the moment to start drama. One of the biggest bull shitters in the industry.

That dumbass has gotten himself into some shit before and weaseled his way out time and time again at the expense of his customers.

If you don’t mind him, it’s cause you either have not heard what he’s said about you or you have not been burned by him yet.

I have a strong hate for him as well as MANY MANY guys in AZ. There is a reason he doesn’t come to this state anymore