UCC 2021

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I’m helping @JoshH and the Top Notch Garage team in their pit crew. They’ve got an LB7 powered truck here competing.

Yesterday the goal was 5s in the 1/8th mi but it wasn’t meant to be. The best time clicked off was a 6.028 at 114mph which puts the truck in 12th place after the drag event.

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz
That's cool you are there to lend a hand, I'm sure Josh appreciates the help,. And we appreciate the updates about the events.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
It was insane when the piston hit the stands. It flew to the top of the skybox and hit the P in Indianapolis before falling onto the aluminum grandstands.

buick455

Sep 26, 2010
What happened to the top notch garage team truck, why didn't it make it to the truck pull? I was bummed not to see it there.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
What happened to the top notch garage team truck, why didn't it make it to the truck pull? I was bummed not to see it there.

We lost oil pressure literally driving to the pulls. It either lost the pickup tube or more likely it slipped the oil pump gear on the shaft.

We didn’t have a puller or installation tool for the balancer so we couldn’t fully diagnose and fix it.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Guys at CompD said he pulled 319 ft, but nobody has posted who won any of the events.

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
How did Tony do this year?
Tony and his team rocked it. 1st in sled pull, I think first in drag racing as well, and came in 3rd if I heard correctly. Considering what happened last year (and using same engine), they did an amazing job.

Update:

Taken from their FB page
1st Place UCC Drag Race, 1st Place UCC Pulling, 1st Place ODSS ProStreet, and a 3rd Place Podium Overall! Couldn't of been more proud of our rowdy lil 460cu in Last Minute Hooker.
🔥

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Cant have a diesel competition without carnage. Why spectators are still allowed within 200ft of a dyno at one of these events is beyond me. They are damn lucky nobody got hurt.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XHLXOCtcS0

I remember watching Nasty Girl's I/C boots swelling like balloons and FreightTrain's tires deforming HEAVILY on the dyno and thinking people were way too close (and that was 07 at Merchant's). My buddy has a shop with a chassis dyno and one of my buddies was testing his truck and shot his driveshaft out the side of the metal building. It's actually amazing how many people haven't been seriously hurt/killed, but I have a feeling it's just a matter of time.