turning 21 first time pistol buyer

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
How old was the Ruger .41? I've been looking for one since my dad won't sell me his :mad:
I got it in 01 or something like that it's a 6 inch barrel. Love that thing and was so lucky to pick up the Marlin 1894FG lever action in .41 Magnum to match it. If the S&W weren't so much I'd go for one of them but I can buy 2 almost 3 Ruger's for the same price not that you would ever have too.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I got it in 01 or something like that it's a 6 inch barrel. Love that thing and was so lucky to pick up the Marlin 1894FG lever action in .41 Magnum to match it. If the S&W weren't so much I'd go for one of them but I can buy 2 almost 3 Ruger's for the same price not that you would ever have too.

Nice. I have a GP100 and would like a 41 to go along with it. I'm personally not a big fan of s&w wheel guns simply because I think they focus too much on them being "smooth" and "fast" rather than rugged. The price of them are also a downer lol.

kirkland

Apr 7, 2013
Oklahoma
Shoot everything you can get your hands on, I personally carry my glock 23 I'm not a big guy but I have no trouble concealing it with a jacket or one size bigger shirt, I carry it in a crossbreed and it's like it's not even there not to mention it's American made in Missouri.

I have to agree everyone needs a 1911 at some point, I also carry a kimber ultra raptor II it's actually smaller than my glock but weighs more I shoot the crap out of mine and havnt had any trouble from it and will be gladly going back to get the stainless raptor to match the one I got

And lastly when I don't feel like carrying a big gun or can't I have the ruger LCP it fits in my pocket and it almost is like a wallet you just take it with you everywhere you go but like someone stated above about 10 yards and good luck

I've shot the XDs but don't have one they are nice but I still like my glock and that's probably why.. Good luck OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Akers

Jun 20, 2014
Shoot everything you can get your hands on, I personally carry my glock 23 I'm not a big guy but I have no trouble concealing it with a jacket or one size bigger shirt, I carry it in a crossbreed and it's like it's not even there not to mention it's American made in Missouri.

I have to agree everyone needs a 1911 at some point, I also carry a kimber ultra raptor II it's actually smaller than my glock but weighs more I shoot the crap out of mine and havnt had any trouble from it and will be gladly going back to get the stainless raptor to match the one I got

And lastly when I don't feel like carrying a big gun or can't I have the ruger LCP it fits in my pocket and it almost is like a wallet you just take it with you everywhere you go but like someone stated above about 10 yards and good luck

I've shot the XDs but don't have one they are nice but I still like my glock and that's probably why.. Good luck OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best advice I've seen so far. I used to be a die hard 1911 guy but carry a Glock 19 now that I've carried that heavy 1911 long enough.

Shoot and handle everything you can and decide on your own. Don't let someone on the internet talk you out of something that works for you.