Tunnng for LML?

08txlmm

Mar 28, 2010
Lubbock
It already is with H&S and I believe Bully Dog also. EFILive won't due to copyright laws unless GM changes something...correct me someone if I'm wrong

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
that is correct! Why has GM not gone after Bully Dog and H&S though? Or did they somehow actually pull the files from the ECM not the TIS online system.

DuramaxOn40s

Chevy Ridin' High
Apr 1, 2011
Ocala, FL
Pretty sure H&S hasn't exactly done it legally... Not too sure about Bully Dog, but I would believe they would have done it the same way. As for EFI, they're right it's not looking like it will be available any time soon. :(

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Here's how I understand the issue:

The new ECM does not permit downloading the factory programming from the OBDII port.

EFILive works by downloading the stock file, you modify, then upload the new file.

Handheld tuners do not download the whole ECM. They get enough info to determine what the addresses are for the tables they want to change. So if the handheld has the addresses for various operating systems, and stores an image of the what was is the target tables on a stock truck, it doesn't need to download the ECM content.

IMO, the real answer will be then generation of harness boxes. Think more of a second ECM than something like an Edge box. It intercepts all the factory data, and uses it as input data, but the real programming will be by the user. They will edit their harness box like EFILive edits the ECM. The harness box will go between the ECM and engine harness, not the bale connectors. This way you can "lie" to the ECM to make it see what you want it to see. This means no speed limiter, no limp tables, no CEL's, unless you program them in yourself. You'll be able to make your own trouble codes if you wish, and datalog things that ECM doesn't support.

This will be far more powerful than anything available to date. The ECM can't limit anything, since it's commands are all intercepted.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
IMO, the real answer will be then generation of harness boxes. Think more of a second ECM than something like an Edge box. It intercepts all the factory data, and uses it as input data, but the real programming will be by the user. They will edit their harness box like EFILive edits the ECM. The harness box will go between the ECM and engine harness, not the bale connectors. This way you can "lie" to the ECM to make it see what you want it to see. This means no speed limiter, no limp tables, no CEL's, unless you program them in yourself. You'll be able to make your own trouble codes if you wish, and datalog things that ECM doesn't support.

Kind of sucks to have to use a piggy back. Most of the time they have issues of some sort it seems. I have had pretty good luck with one (UTEC) but some of the others I've been around and worked with had issues (Split Second, Emanage etc.) Of course this was in the gas world. Hopefully whatever they come up with will be reliable/accurate :thumb: And I think your right, if done correctly it will allow even more capability.

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
Have a friend at a dealership that is sending me guys that want the dpf deleted and tuned. Now the 11's are out they want it for them now. How are the h&s?

slipclutchms

May 24, 2010
From what I have read and heard, very rough compared to a fine EFI tune. Besides, what is wrong with 400 hp and 17 ish MPG from the factory? It is not like an LMM that gets 12.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I think H&S has one over 500rwhp but if it was me i'd keep it stock. as far as im concerned, bully dog and H&S are the same company.

DetailsUnlimited

Oct 26, 2009
Benton, Ar
From what I have read and heard, very rough compared to a fine EFI tune. Besides, what is wrong with 400 hp and 17 ish MPG from the factory? It is not like an LMM that gets 12.

Actually the customer is getting 20mpg and just wants all that factory stuff off! I told him it would be awhile before Efi was avalible. Thx for everyones response.
Tark

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

Not to metion Mike L. has said that the LML trans will need help jsut like ours to make it hold any kind of good power increases

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
It's not about who does it first, it's who does it first legally.

The H&S tuner runs like shit, but what do you expect...first tuner out aims to make the most money, not deliver the best product.

Sent from my iPhone.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
You guys that say why not be happy with 400 and 17 MPG? We'll I'll start here.

My truck feels like 300 HP and it gets about 14 MPG on average. I have the excel sheets to prove it.

MY LML from a dead stop is a dog. I actually got jumped badly (and he would of out ran me) by a friends SCION TC because it moves like turtle.

I will make the jump to some tuner soon, I've had the clean exhaust message for two days on my dash because I can't find the time to make a trip down the interstate out of the city limits to drive long enough for it to go out. :mad:

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
You guys that say why not be happy with 400 and 17 MPG? We'll I'll start here.

My truck feels like 300 HP and it gets about 14 MPG on average. I have the excel sheets to prove it.

MY LML from a dead stop is a dog. I actually got jumped badly (and he would of out ran me) by a friends SCION TC because it moves like turtle.

I will make the jump to some tuner soon, I've had the clean exhaust message for two days on my dash because I can't find the time to make a trip down the interstate out of the city limits to drive long enough for it to go out. :mad:

Ben says embrace technology you backwards whiner!:rofl: j/k I'm glad I bought an LMM, I didnt buy into the magical mpg numbers w/urea.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
It's not about who does it first, it's who does it first legally.

The H&S tuner runs like shit, but what do you expect...first tuner out aims to make the most money, not deliver the best product.

Sent from my iPhone.

Have you riden in one? I have there not efi live by any stretch nut they run good for a canned tune I use h&s like crazy on 6.4. 6.7 fords an dodges an one Lmm that wanted a black maxx :rolleyes: they'll never be efi live like I said, but I don't think they run like shit on 2011's. That being said right now with all the emissions I wouldn't do anything other then dpf back exhuast an intake to much shit to worry bout getting fined for anymore ill stick with lb7-lbz trucks :D

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Have you riden in one? I have there not efi live by any stretch nut they run good for a canned tune I use h&s like crazy on 6.4. 6.7 fords an dodges an one Lmm that wanted a black maxx :rolleyes: they'll never be efi live like I said, but I don't think they run like shit on 2011's. That being said right now with all the emissions I wouldn't do anything other then dpf back exhuast an intake to much shit to worry bout getting fined for anymore ill stick with lb7-lbz trucks :D

I have seen and heard them in high definition video.

I have also seen EFI Live tunes from "custom tuners" run even worse...so it depends on your perspective I guess.

It's like if you have never experienced a perfectly dialed in truck, then even a mediocre EFI Live tune will feel great to you.