Tuning for NEW camaro's

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
so, a friend of mine just got efilive and a brand new 2011 camaro SS 6 speed.

he got efilive mainly for his other car... a built motor procharged ls1 camaro but thats in pieces at the moment...

so he sent me his stock 2011 tune file and i made some very very minor changes and the rest is all greek to me. so who professionally does tuning for these things? he'll pay for a good tune just doesn't know where to go

thanks

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
You won't see the kind of gains that we do with the 6.6L, that being said, usually needs to be dyno tuned to monitor AFR.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
You won't see the kind of gains that we do with the 6.6L, that being said, usually needs to be dyno tuned to monitor AFR.

i know, he'll be happy with 20-30hp and maybe a hair better mileage if possible..

im sure to get the best out of it it will have to be on the rollers but someone has to do a cookie cutterish tune for it..

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
you cant just "jump into" gas tuning and "throw something together" like everyone does when they buy efilive for their duramax. Its pretty rare to get any worthwhile gains with a off-the-shelf tune. Best bet is to contact a custom tuner who is actually known for doing GAS tuning stuff.

Before you change anything, get a GOOD quality wideband o2 sensor.

Ben

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
all i changed was the CAGS (disabled) and turned off the clutch saftey switch and bumped up the rev limit a couple hundred RPM as requested...

im not a gas tuner by ANY means....i made very minor changes like my buddy wanted. thats why im here looking for a professional

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Shoulda got HPtuners, you'll find alot more tuners use that in the gas world... I'd try and get in touch with bluecat on kyhorsepower.com though, hes one of the best in the country but uses HP tuners. I'm sure he knows of a few guys that tune with EFI Live

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
http://blackbearperformance.com/

This guy sets up dates in different cities and travels around to do live tuning. he will also sell you cookie cutter tunes by email. I bought one from him for my mom's Vortec Max, seemed to be good to deal with. He has a good reputation on several gasser forums. I don't know about the new stuff, but most LS powered vehicles do well with a cam, some headers, and a good tune.

Unit453

How fast was I going?
Sep 20, 2008
Florida
thetruckstop.us
I just bought a Camaro myself. No more truck for me.

Camaro5.com is the Camaro resource. Lots of tuning info and vendors on there. Lots of info on that board.

Basically, these things run pretty well bone stock. The only time an intake and exhaust will show the best gains and driveability is with a tune.