Tuning 100% Over Injectors

Chilly

Dec 4, 2018
Hey guys,

Just wrapping up my engine build with a set of twins. I am aiming for that 800-900HP range but still would like to be able to daily drive my truck. I do not plan on racing or sled pulling.
What are going to be some of the negatives of daily driving with 100 over injectors? I live in a fairly cold climate so I am quite concerned about cold weather starts and smoking when cold.

Would a good tuner be able to clear up white smoke on cold starts? I’ve also lost my grid heater due to the twin kit.

2006 LBZ

Thanks

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Hey guys,

Just wrapping up my engine build with a set of twins. I am aiming for that 800-900HP range but still would like to be able to daily drive my truck. I do not plan on racing or sled pulling.
What are going to be some of the negatives of daily driving with 100 over injectors? I live in a fairly cold climate so I am quite concerned about cold weather starts and smoking when cold.

Would a good tuner be able to clear up white smoke on cold starts? I’ve also lost my grid heater due to the twin kit.

2006 LBZ

Thanks

Might be best to fill out your signature to be honest.

As for tuning/cold starts, you shouldn't have an issue as long as your glow plugs are still in and working properly. A good tuner can make it run properly.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Tuning can help alot as well as only use good injectors. Don't go buy a set of 100 over ebay nozzles and slap onto a set of high milage bodies and expect them to run clean. Quality nozzles that are balanced/flowed is your best bet.

Frankin_truck

Nov 22, 2013
Good tuning is gonna help but only so much can be done. Compression ratio is going to be the biggest factor in this anything 16.1 and lower is gonna be smokey on start up till it warms up a bit.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
its going to smoke when i high or cold weather climates till it warms, no doubt about it. there is only so much you can do BUT when it does warm up or get some temp in the cyl, it should clean up.

8-900hp and it wont be raced? :roflmao: